MFS just stopped working.

Hi Guys,

Just noticed that my Multi-function steering wheel has stopped working. So now no longer changes the volume or accesses the menu's. As the car is less than 2 years old it's in warrantee. However before I get the dealer involved is there a few obvious things I can check / do that may fix it?

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

My car's suffering from a similar problem. Mine is 2 years 4 months old. All fuctions on the steering wheel fail when the car appears to be cold. I even lose function of my DSG paddles which is really annoying.Its an intermittent fault which my local skoda dealership is having trouble finding the cause. Booked in next week for the third time. First time they found an error code, and clean all the connectors but the next cold day it failed again. Second time in, and it worked for them the whole time. Im now going to leave it with them for a good few days next time so they can keep investigating it.

If i get any news i'll pass on the infomation

Richie

Hi Richie,

Thanks for the information. It could like you say be the cold. Although I remember last winter was far colder and it worked fine.

I tried using the lefthand stalk, but didn't get very far then got an error - something about the convenience function failed. That may have been me though as obviously I don't use that method nornally.

I think the cruse still works.

Regards

Simon

I have the same problem (as in linked thread above). Seems to be the cold.

In previous winters I've only seen it in temperatures below about -5°C. This winter it's happening at +5°C.

Annoyingly intermittent fault, so dealer didn't see it today.

After 6-7 minutes driving all fucntions work again.

Does this sound consistent with what you've seen?

I have the same problem (as in linked thread above). Seems to be the cold.

In previous winters I've only seen it in temperatures below about -5°C. This winter it's happening at +5°C.

Annoyingly intermittent fault, so dealer didn't see it today.

After 6-7 minutes driving all fucntions work again.

Does this sound consistent with what you've seen?

No. So far it's completely none functioning. With the display "jammed" in the oil temperature display. May try disconnecting the battery this weekend. Looks like a visit to the dealer to look at the stiff hand break, this and the none working rear wash.

Simon

No. So far it's completely none functioning. With the display "jammed" in the oil temperature display. May try disconnecting the battery this weekend. Looks like a visit to the dealer to look at the stiff hand break, this and the none working rear wash.

Simon

Sounds like you have a different problem to me and RichieJ. Hope dealer sorts it for you.