SKODA FABIA MK 12005, MAF Sensor?

Morning all!

Its been a while since i lasted posted on Briskoda!

firstly I'd like to wish you all a happy new year, better late than never!

Secondly ive had a fault with my fabia which up untill the new year has ran a treat!

she has 62K on the clock, upon driving and attempting to accelerate the card shudders, RPM stagnates and fluctuates and the car fails and slowly limps on.

worst case scenario with her, she will do the same, before turning on the Engine managment light and failing to accelerate and gain any RPM.

Cam shaft sensor has been replaced thinking this would be the fault however, i stand corrected and problem still there.

could the MAF sensor cause the fault?

I cant justify paying a garage to plug in a VAG COM,

is there any way to clean the sensor? or any test that can be carried out to check its at fault?

if so does anyone know the P/N for a new one,

GSF refers to it as: 929VG0730

GSF Fuel & Electrical

929VG0730 Sensor, boost pressure THRUST SENSOR

is that the badger??

Thanks for reading any infor would be grand!

I checked my MAF sensor by disconnecting it. If the car runs better without it your MAF is pooped! Do you use a oiled filter like a green cotton? If yes oil could of contaminated the sensor causing your problem. If no your MAF should be ok at your mileage.

I changed mine at 100k ish miles and it ran soooo much better, more power ,less smoke ect.

Can't help with your other questions but checking your MAF is worth doing i think.