Will this DPF / Downpipe fit my Vrs?

I brought this off a member on here last year. It is suppose to be a DPF filter already gutted... I only just got it out the box and noticed it appears to be wrong :dull:

When putting it against my standard DPF which is off my VRS it appears to have the wrong downpipe. It looks like its been cut and an adapter pipe made up, though its to long compared to the standard pipe.

I take it this won't fit?

I am not sure what comes after this pipe but I am sure it won't be as short as the extra length on the pipe.

Thanks for any help, Aaron

2012-02-12163613.jpg

2012-02-12163600.jpg

2012-02-12163553.jpg

I have taken off the VAG exhaust clamp and found that the knuckle on the aftermarket exhaust pipe fits snug and tighter on the end of the DPF. This brings it closer in length to stock pipe now. I then realised the other end also has a knuckle so the centre section will just slot inside :smirk:

I should be ok for getting it all fitted next week :thumbup: