Speaker advice please

Lambie24

I am looking at upgrading the standard speakers in my octavia starting with the front. I know for best results I should get component speakers but I cant really afford a decent set so I was just going to replace the lower door speaker with a 3-way replacement.

Found these and not sure if they will fit or how to fit ie. are they a straight swap or do you have to re-wire etc

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4959.html

Any advice will be great.

Thanks

Cheers mate. Yeh those FLI ones would do definitely do the job I think. I've fitted amps, subs and 6x9s before in previous cars but never component speakers. Do they just directly replace in the Octavia or is there a connector I would need to get?

They will come with all you need bud, either a crossover or a inline hpf

If you get them bud and need any advice just chuck me a message and i'll do me best bud

You'll be fine tho im sure, that site with the 31.99 alpines in a bargin

How do these fit onto standard wiring?

cut off the end plugs and with the alpines you will get some new wiring just join that to the stock wiring which if you our good at soldering that way or some crimp connectors and thats it

I've got a pair of Fli coaxials going spare if you're interested. 20 delivered and they're yours. I liked the sound quality a lot more than the other coaxials I looked at. They're also a fairly shallow fit so they go in the doors easy.

Are they a direct fit and shallow enough to go in without any bending etc? Also, what RMS are they?

Are they a direct fit and shallow enough to go in without any bending etc? Also, what RMS are they?

I had them in before I had my InPhase coaxials in there. They're 70w RMS I think. Only had them in a month or so before I got bought a load of InPhase speakers. I have a degree in Audio Technology, have been mixing and engineering for 5 years, and I was very pleasantly surprised with these! The tweeters can be angled so they are not muffled at all.

I fitted them directly in replacement of the standard speakers, which are frankly shocking. Wouldn't give them to my worst enemy. Hateful things.

I had them in before I had my InPhase coaxials in there. They're 70w RMS I think. Only had them in a month or so before I got bought a load of InPhase speakers. I have a degree in Audio Technology, have been mixing and engineering for 5 years, and I was very pleasantly surprised with these! The tweeters can be angled so they are not muffled at all.

I fitted them directly in replacement of the standard speakers, which are frankly shocking. Wouldn't give them to my worst enemy. Hateful things.

if he doesnt i probalby will - what model are they?

where are you on the south coast?

I think I'll take them mate. I have PM'd you. cheers

Vlad, what speakers are these you recommend for the front?

Do you have a good recommendation for the back also?

I want to improve the sound quality wihtout spending mega money. Car came with a very nice alpine unit so sound is not to bad with stock speakers.

Vlad, what speakers are these you recommend for the front?

Do you have a good recommendation for the back also?

I want to improve the sound quality wihtout spending mega money. Car came with a very nice alpine unit so sound is not to bad with stock speakers.

Speaker taste is extremely subjective.

Firstly, there's the rather well-worn argument of components versus coaxials. I personally prefer coaxials, as I don't like my soundstage being split. However, our ears aren't on our knees so I tend to go for coaxials that have adjustable tweeters. This way, the sound follows a nice path straight to your ear. With components and coaxials, one is not necessarily 'better' than the other. They both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Secondly, there's sonic style to consider. Some people prefer a 'shouty' voicing, which is typical of a brand like Vibe. I would choose a more detailed sound, hence why I have my InPhases.

Typically, you can't go wrong with Alpine, Vibe, Infinity, etc. It depends a lot on the music you listen to as well. On a budget, you can't go wrong with Fli Integrators (quite detailed but more punch than anything, cheap versions of Vibe), InPhase's XTC range (woven cones, great detail, good power handling) and the cheaper Alpine speakers are worth a look too.

The biggest chanfe, by a country mile, comes from amping your system, sticking a sub in there and allowing the other speakers to deal with frequencies above 160Hz only (the frequency of a low E on bass!). That way, the speakers aren't straining to produce frequencies they're not built to handle, I.e. under 60Hz.

Hope this helps...