Interior light not coming on anymore when key removed

As you will all be familiar, Octavia's (like other VAG group cars) switch on the interior light for aprox 30 secs automatically when you switch off the engine and remove key from ignition.

I've had my current Octavia for about a year now, which USED to do this.................until tonight.

All other central convenience functions work as normal, including the interior light being switched On or Off when Unlocking or Locking car from central locking. I've checked that the interior light switch is in the correct position.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Does the stereo turn off when you remove the key?

I don't think the stereo is supposed to switch off when removing the key. The stereo does switch off, once the key is turned to position "0" on barrel.

Is there anything else that I can check that should be activated or deactivated when key is removed?

Thanks for replies. It's weird then that the stereo now switches off at position "0", before removing the key.

But thinking back, I seem to remember it staying on until withdrawing the key.

Yeah i have a similar ish problem sometimes, turn off the key without removing it and the stereo turns off and the doors all unlock as if i have removed the key, only happens sometimes then might not happen for a month or two

I'm taking car into dealer on Thursday - hopefully covered by my extended warranty.

Will they want to replace the tiny switch inside or the whole ignition barrel?

The dealer has ordered the switch and warranty company has approved repair. Just got to wait for part and then book car in again.

I have my car setup so that the doors lock automatically. Over the last few days they've locked, but then unlocked randomly part way through a journey.

Do you think this is related to the same faulty switch?

• 2 weeks later...

The switch was fixed a couple of days ago by main dealer - total cost £105.95

Everything now working as it should.

Would have attempted fix myself, except 3rd part warranty in place to cover cost.