Fabia vRS stutter (no, not that stutter, a totally different one!)

Piggoy, thanks for this. I'll get some of that ordered and give it a bash. Even if it turns out not to be the problem it certainly can't do any harm! I had never heard of this stuff before and was just going to try an in-tank additive but running this through the system neat will surely do a far better job.

There are a couple of members offering VAG-COM within an hour or so drive from me so I'll need to get my finger out and contact them to arrange it.

Thanks again for your help, I'll let you know how I get on!

Thanks Tigger, I've had a quick look on t'internet and no one seems to be saying anything untoward about using it in a PD engine but I've fired an email off to Lubri Moly just asking them to confirm it is safe for use in PD engines. I'll report back once I receive a reply.

I also have an update on my problems starting the car. Plugged it in to Solus Pro again last night just to make sure there weren't any other faults that would cause EML to be on hiding behind the EGR delete and there was! Code 19463 Camshaft Position Sensor (G40) No Signal. I googled this and symptoms seem to include car struggling to start. I have noticed a couple of folk saying they've replaced this and the fault and code kept coming back and it eventually turned out to be the Crankshaft sensor to blame but I'll just start at the start I think and change the Camshaft sensor.

At least I now know that the starting problem doesn't appear to be related to my stuttering problem (which I sincerely hope a can of diesel purge will fix but if not, a VAG-COM scan is next on the cards).

Edited by Chelle

• 1 month later...

I have just spotted something interesting on my car, it appears to slowly leak oil from the filler cap.

Do you get this also? if the filler cap well full of oil?

Also does anyone who doesnt get this stutter are they able to check if they have oil build up in the filler cap well?

It could be that the filler cap on mine is not a tight seal and this has been what has caused the stutter problems. I have my fingers crossed as this would be a cheap fix :D