Yipeeee confirmation at last of our L&K

Just had confirmation from the director of Capitol Skoda in Newport that our build date has been confirmed as week 14 therefore we should have the car by the end of April. :happy::thumbup:

Ordered 31st December 2011 so 16/17 weeks which sadly seems to be the norm for the L&K. :thumbdown:

Now must check on the chrome grille that should come with the L&K! :wonder:

Just had confirmation from the director of Capitol Skoda in Newport that our build date has been confirmed as week 14 therefore we should have the car by the end of April. :happy::thumbup:

Ordered 31st December 2011 so 16/17 weeks which sadly seems to be the norm for the L&K. :thumbdown:

Now must check on the chrome grille that should come with the L&K! :wonder:

Think they cancelled the chrome grill... Waiting for one myself. Build week 20. Order February 6th.

• Like 1

Think they cancelled the chrome grill...

Took delivery of mine on Friday - sadly without the chrome grill which looked rather smart on the dealer's demonstrator. Aside from that, it's not been possible to wipe the smile off my face all weekend :love:

7015246343_5a2fd1628d.jpg

6869129662_22fd86f93b.jpg

m.

Spoke to the dealers director on Friday who has stated that when the car arrives if it as not got the grille that he can order it using the vin as if it requires a spare part.

Just the response I wanted, lets see if Skoda UK let him do that!

i realy like the wheels but not sure aboute having to keep them clean .

I've detailed a son to handle that side of things - small hands being a bonus :giggle:

The "bi-colour" alloys are interesting, though, and might help appearances. The facing surface of the spokes are a glossy, metallic sheen whereas all the other surfaces of the wheel are more a sort of matt, gunmetal grey colour - conveniently a similar shade to brake dust.

m.

That was one of the reasons that I chose steel grey as the car's colour.

I have also notced that the "chrome grille" has been deleted from the broucher (in writing and picture form) in the last 7-10 days!

Took delivery of mine on Friday - sadly without the chrome grill which looked rather smart on the dealer's demonstrator. Aside from that, it's not been possible to wipe the smile off my face all weekend :love:

m.

Congratulations! It looks amazing.

How do you find the brown interior? That's my biggest "fear" waiting for mine.

Congratulations! It looks amazing.

Thanks. Was interesting to see the difference in colour when I picked it up from overcast Yorkshire (jet black) to arriving in sunny Devon (dark bronze). Must cut the grass, though :think:

How do you find the brown interior? That's my biggest "fear" waiting for mine.

I had serious misgivings about the brown interior - to the point of pulling the plug on the order and going for a standard Elegance with an ivory interior. This wasn't helped by some pictures linked to here which showed the brown interior in a very unflattering light. However, I wanted the Magnetic Brown paint and so, ultimately, went for it

The leather is very dark brown, more akin to the pictures in the brochure, than it seems in other pictures that can be found on the net. I might try and take some pictures to illustrate this later. The black interior and the light grey headliner look very smart together, though I think the ensemble might look a little claustrophobic on the hatchback - without the sunroof. The brown plastic trim seems to be a slightly discordant shade compared to the leather but I've stopped noticing that now. All in all it's nicely executed and will remain cleaner than the ivory interior, I think (hope).

m.

Edited by Mark S Morley

Thanks. Was interesting to see the difference in colour when I picked it up from overcast Yorkshire (jet black) to arriving in sunny Devon (dark bronze).

m.

Sorry to go on and on about this, but I have also considered platin grey (the hatchback color in the L&K brochure). Do you think the photos you have posted are just to the experience of magnetic brown? I would have imagined it somewhat deeper and more metallic than your pictures suggest. Care to comment a little more on how you find the color?

Also noticed FOUR tailpipes. Is that standard on all TSI engines? Which one did you get?

Thanks.

Edited by takktakk
  • Like 1

Most of the dirt like dust, sand etc, has a bright coulour and can better be seen on darker leathers. It is a big mistake expecting dark interior looking cleaner. Just check the dark carpet....

Sorry to go on and on about this, but I have also considered platin grey (the hatchback color in the L&K brochure). Do you think the photos you have posted are just to the experience of magnetic brown? I would have imagined it somewhat deeper and more metallic than your pictures suggest. Care to comment a little more on how you find the color?

The dealer I collected it from had an L&K estate in the grey. It looked very smart but the brown interior did seem a little inconguous against the (bluish) grey.

It's a very difficult colour to describe. This is what it looked like this evening (now with added mudflaps), out of direct sunlight.

7018656251_7f9bd30cf5.jpg

It's quite clearly metallic. I'll try and get a better picture of it in the morning.

Also noticed FOUR tailpipes. Is that standard on all TSI engines? Which one did you get?

It's a 2.0TFSI - the tailpipes are standard on this and the V6, but not on the 1.8TSI. In the UK, at least, the 1.8TSI is not available in L&K spec.

Most of the dirt like dust, sand etc, has a bright coulour and can better be seen on darker leathers. It is a big mistake expecting dark interior looking cleaner. Just check the dark carpet....

You're right, of course, but in my experience it's easier to remove ingrained dirt from these than light interiors.

m.

Edited by Mark S Morley

Thanks a bunch. Appreciate the trouble!

No trouble. Here's what it looks light with stronger light on it (and yes, it shows the dirt quite badly :think:):

6874134306_b233172d55.jpg

And the interior...

6874134502_6bf242b63d.jpg

I've tried to get as faithful a reproduction as possible of the interior colour but it has still come out too light, I think.

Hope this helps...

m.

Edited by Mark S Morley

• 2 weeks later...

Well my car has been built and is at the port awaiting shipping to the uk. Could have it in two weeks :thumbup::happy: . Ionically the director of the dealer who ordered there's 6 weeks before mine does not yet even have a build date.

Well just recieved a phone call from the dealer to say my car will be with them tomorrow and that I can have it Monday/Tuesday.

So ordered 23rd December 2011 delivered 16/17th April, nearly 18 weeks.

140 Elegance hatchback with L&K trim plus auto diming mirror, heated windscreen, KESSY, steel grey met paint, spacer saver wheel, rear side airbags, heated washer nozzles, hill hold control, MDI, AutoGlym, taxed for a year and a full tank of fuel.

Quite excited now like some small child. :clap: :thumbup::happy:

Only down side going to have to fork out some money. :thumbdown:

Edited by Danny 57

Picked my new car up today at 3pm and I am very pleased with it. Pleasently suprised that my 10 year old pay as you go phone linked in. Now just trying to find out how some of they "toys" operate.

Decided at the last minute to buy the extended warrantyfor the 4th and 5th year/100K miles, normally never buy those sort of things, time will tell.

My wife now knows where to find me, in the car on the drive way. :happy:

Bet your well pleased Danny :thumbup:

You'll be playing for hours - don't forget the pictures.

I have tried to upload some pictures but to no avail. I have tried through the gallery to change but it will not do it so to speak.

• 2 months later...

Well the chrome grille did not come with the car but the dealer has ordered one on at their expense which has now been delivered and will hopefully be fitted either tomorrow or Monday.

The grille makes a big difference to the look.

must say been really pleased with ours _ L&K trim looks good with metallic black - 1000 miles in the past 12 days at 46mpg and finally I have the seat position right and my back ache has gone.