Damage to tow ball coating - safe to use?

Hi, My wife has had a slight coming to gether with a wall while reversing the car with a Skoda factory fitted removeable towbar in place. The black coating on the tow ball is scuffed and is flaking off revealing the metal ball underneath. Is this OK to use - I only use it for a ball mounted bike carrier - or will I need to replace the removable arm.

I will remove the flaking black coating.

If I need a new arm, can I buy just the arm or is it the full towbar!!!

Regards.

Fine to use, towbars get bashed around all the time. The paint flaking off won't affect the security of the trailer or bike rack.

And yes the removeable swan neck is available separately.

Hi, My wife has had a slight coming to gether with a wall while reversing the car with a Skoda factory fitted removeable towbar in place. The black coating on the tow ball is scuffed and is flaking off revealing the metal ball underneath. Is this OK to use - I only use it for a ball mounted bike carrier - or will I need to replace the removable arm.

I will remove the flaking black coating.

If I need a new arm, can I buy just the arm or is it the full towbar!!!

Regards.

Hi I tow a caravan and as i have a Alco anti jack knife device fitted i had to remove all the black coating from the tow ball down to the steel surface so the brake pads in the Alco will grip the tow ball. As you are not towing no problem with damage to the surface coating if you did wish to tow you would have to remove the coating