Anthracite Grey Yeti Help

Nahuna

Hi Guys,

Ive been reading this forum for the last few weeks as I've decided to buy a second hand Yeti. My only concern is that it's listed as Anthracite Grey Metallic, but everywhere I look I can't find that colour, only Black Magic Pearl (I think that's what its called). It's a 2010 model so I'm thinking it must be one of the first. Is there anything I need to be aware of?

Thanks for all of your help. You are some VERY knowledgable people.

Cheers

Nahuna

No, it's definitely darker. It is black, its just I can't find that particular colour anywhere else. I've been wondering if its an import. But doesn't the dealer have to say so?

Still a little confused :(

Hi,

The colour was never officially released here as it was withdrawn mid-September 2009, which coincided with the release of the Yeti in the UK. However there were a handful of Anthracite Grey Metallic Yeti's delivered to the UK, for dealer pre-launch stock and I believe the last one to be registered was in early 2010.

Oh the colour was and I think still is available on the Fabia & Octavia, so look there for a guide to what it looks like.

Also another thought I have come across dealer’s describing Black Magic as Anthracite :wonder:

Hope that helps,

TP

Wow,

You really know your stuff. That's exactly what I wanted to know, just to put my mind at rest. Thank you very very much. I really appreciate the incredibly quick response as well.

On a seperate note, is there a buying guide for the Yeti, things to look out for etc?

Again, I really appreciate the help. Glad I'm part of this community.

Nahuna

did you try a google?

skoda yeti anthracite grey

up comes the posts from this forum where someone was buying one, then the colour was withdrawn.

then there is the 'model' of a Yeti in Anthracite Grey.

I have a brochure somewhere with the colour as that was what i was going for, before the Dealership gazumped me twice on my order.

george

Edited by sk4gw

I cannot believe how good you are!

I have to say I think that's a really nice colour.

I'm going for the 2.0 Elegance like yourself. Any complaints or is it as good as they say it is? I really cannot wait to get it.

Thanks again for all your help The Plumber. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

Nahuna

I'm on Yeti number two, had a 140 SE prior to the 110 Elegance. Both been very nice vehicles and great to drive. Cannot find anything else to compare for my needs. Although if I'm honest neither have not been without some fault but I've been unlucky as most Yeti's are virtually bullet proof.

TP

Hi

In terms of a "buying guide" there is an indispensable guide pinned to the start of the Yeti forum, started by 90000000000 and called something like 'Things to think about before buying your Yeti'.

It has a great deal of useful and thoughtful hints and tips and facts and opinions that will help you with your cogitations.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

Ah, yes I have to say I've already (very carefully) read it. It was really helpful, I'm now definitely going to look into those clear fim protectors if it hasn't already got them, and by the sounds of it, it hasn't.

Just wondered if there was a buying guide. But I guess as there isn't it can only be a good thing!

I can't stop looking at the pic TP uploaded for me. Love the colour.

Thanks again for all your help, I really appreciate it.

Hoping to get the Mini Monster next week all going well.

Will keep you all posted (pun intended).

Cheers

Nahuna

Envious - I saw the Skoda anthracite colour panel and an anthracite Octavia at the dealers when I was ordering my Yeti in Feb this year. It would have been my first choice but was I told it was no longer available on the Yeti. So Steel/Platin Grey it was.

But I'm full of goodwill to all as my Yeti was built two weeks ago - I just wish my dealer had more of a 'sense of occasion' and would give me a blow by blow account of where it is now (I've got the ship tracking all fired up if I knew what name to input :giggle: )