Removing (vRS) handbrake cover. Warning - don't just pull!

Just a friendly warning!

I tried to remove the handbrake cover last night, after reading a couple of posts on here just saying "pull towards the dashboard".

Don't!! At least not with the vRS cover I had (standard leather one AFAIK). About half way down there's a sticky out right angle bit - under this, there is actually a plastic clip of some description. This broke clean off :-( There seems to be no obvious way of pushing on the clip to release the cover from the outside though, as the leather covers it?!

So, this morning I ordered a new cover. £50 later! Ouch.

Will post a picture of the broken clip when I get the new cover.

I had a clip that flew off when i removed my plastic handbreak cover but it all clicked back in properly afterwards so i wasnt too bothered about it. Did yours not hold at all?

I had a clip that flew off when i removed my plastic handbreak cover but it all clicked back in properly afterwards so i wasnt too bothered about it. Did yours not hold at all?

Nope. It looks like it's just snapped off - a moulded in part of the plastic underneath the leather! And it's so far up, it doesn't look easy to even try and glue the clip part back on. You would have to carefully remove the leather to be able to do that (leather is glued on I think?!).

Guess the plastic ones are different :(