Phatbox

Wow been a while since I've posted..... oh well life getting in the way again ;)

Just though't I would ask around and see if anyone want's a phatbox for the car? I've just bought some (4) one for me one for a friend at work, so I have 2 'going spare' and before I ebay them or whatnot though't I would ask if anyone wanted one. They are the VW OEM ones that are installed in US/European cars and hook directly into the CD wiring. They come with all the bit's needed for the install (wiring if you dont allready have it etc)

PM Me if you want info etc.

Also has anyone got one fitted? not fitted mine yet, just curious to what users think of them?

• 5 months later...

Was it easy to fit - mine hasn't arrived yet and I'm wondering how it will attach to the underside of the passenger seat? Does my existing storage box come out completely? Do I actually need to buy anything additional from Skoda? (I don't have a CD changer at the moment)

Cheers.

Steve

Yeah no problems at all, took the passenger seat out of the car (4 hex bolts) unclip he cable going to the cd changer. remove cd changer using the 4 screws, put phatbox in same place as changer, all 4 screws dont match up (if you have a vw one at least), 2 of them do though and it get's locked in by the 'hole' in the seat bottom so not a problem.

Plug convertor cable into phat, plug that into the CD Changer cable. Set the headunit to G (if memory serves) job done.