DPF issues after Injector change

I had my injectors changed in Dec 2011 and since about February 2012 I have had issues with my DPF light coming on and also my exhaust manangement light along with lumpy rides, excess fuel consumption and stalling. I have spoken to Skoda UK who insist that my problems aren't linked but I'm not so sure but to their credit they have asked me to book it in at my local dealers for a diagnoses (at my expense that is). They say they will offer some goodwill if it proves they are linked. Lets wait and see shall we!!!

Edited by a1.gaz

A well documented problem and there are lots and lots of threads on here of people with the same problem.

For Skoda to cast doubt on the link is laughable, they are very much aware of this issue as at least 10 of us on here have spoken to Skoda Customer Services on this issue over the last 6 to 12 months.

It also affects VW and Audi too.

Have you checked your oil level? Does it smell of diesel. Mine had them done and the oil level rose as diesel was getting into it.

To be fair my local dealer didn't think there was a link either, but checked it all over at their expense and tested the oil too..diesel % found. Ended up updating the ECU with an update from Skoda and changed the oil and did a forced regen. They say it was fine now but ie since traded it in as I says that sick of it.

Also has the car been serviced in that time. There are two different oil capacities for the 2.0 PD engine. The ones without a DPF fitted have an extra 200 - 250 ml over those with one fitted. Overfilling the oil will result in it blocking up the DPF.

Yeah I noticed that my oil was above the max so have dropped some out but still running the same. Its the big day tomorrow see what the dealers come up with

Well been told today that the vacuum valve (whatever that is) is causung all the problems. They are fitting a new one in the morning so lets wait and see. They have told me that they have informed Skoda UK that it has nothing to do with injectors

Well had this vacuum unit (part number 036129061c) fitted on Sat am. It is a solenoid on the inlet manifold. Been all over in car since having it fitted and everything seems to be fine, that is until tonight when I went on a 30 mile run down an A road at a constant 70 and the very 1st junction I came to as soon as I dipped the clutch it stalls......Gutted. Restarted car seemed fine on tick over again so made off down the next road and had to stop at a roundabout. Guess what it stalls again. Made it all the way home and never stalled again after that but think I better mention it to the dealer. Oh btw the part costs £9.20 and my bill for diagnostics and fitting was £156 :-(

£160 to fit a £10 part :o

I'm suspicious about the accuracy of their initial diagnosis. I can't see how a faulty solenoid would cause the DPF light to come on.

Their efforts have now introduced a new problem, the stalling.

Time to give them a ring and ask for your money back!

By the way my vRS stalled twice after I had my injectors replaced, always at the first junction after a lengthy run. Related issues saw the car in and out of the dealers several times and *touch wood it hasn't happened since so I'm not sure what exactly they did.

The injectors have to be fitted in a specific way to work properly or you could have issues I would suggest you get them checked. The issue with dpf is a know issue and a software update would sort it but you may need a new differential pressure sensor (g450 I think) to cure it. What fault codes were stored?