Futile fitting of a new stereo

Spim

Need some advice from the masses, hopefully this is in the right place.

I swapped out my standard Symphony stereo the other week, as the FM receiver seemed to be going (reception fading) and I'm sick of using a FM transmitter for my ipod. Picked up a Pioneer from Amazon, nothing special but seemed to do what I wanted.

Removal was fine, hooking up the power was fine, but putting the new stereo in wasn't fine. It seems I've been cursed by the gods of manufacturing tolerances, the mounting cage that came with the Pioneer was 1-2mm too wide for the gap. And losing the cage means the new one rattles in the space left.

I've been advised that it could be solved by swapping the plastic surround that the original stereo was in, But can this be bought from anywhere? Or should I be looking for a new mounting cage/new stereo and hope that fits?

Re-post this back in the main MKI Fabia section as this section is just for guides.

And you have to bend the pioneer cage inwards abit to get it in then force it back outwards agin.