Dog owners

I have found in various threads on the forums, reference to dog crates, most specify examples of full size cages that will fit into the estate. Has anyone had a custom cage built to take up only half the width of the estate, but the full length, leaving room for luggage?

I have seen some customised dog guards however I would prefer a cage so that my labrador doesn't rub up against any of the interior. Dog hairs are a pain to remove.

Tim

Hi Tim.

I am looking for the same thing, Ideally I'd like the lower half of the central section to be solid so our dalmatian cant grab shopping bags etc through the mesh. I've been after something for somee time but havent found anything at all. I need something before the summer holidays so this may mean designing/welding my own.

Let me know if you find anythigng!

I know its not strictly what your after but as we have two dogs they take the whole boot up. In order to not get dog hair everywhere we bought a cheap large tarporlin and cut/stitched it to the shape of the boot so the whole boot is lined, dogproof and waterproof (ish apart from the seams). If you start off with that idea then a mesh cage/modified dog guard could do the trick of splitting the boot in two?

I know its not strictly what your after but as we have two dogs they take the whole boot up. In order to not get dog hair everywhere we bought a cheap large tarporlin and cut/stitched it to the shape of the boot so the whole boot is lined, dogproof and waterproof (ish apart from the seams). If you start off with that idea then a mesh cage/modified dog guard could do the trick of splitting the boot in two?

This would definately be the cheepest option. But I'll bung out a few emails to http://www.hamsterbaskets.co.uk/ http://www.barjo.co.uk/home/ and http://www.carbox.co.uk/ to see how much it is likely to be to have one built.

Tim

I have now heard from the three sites above.

Barjo:

Sorry for the delay in response but I've had to locate the 2005 Skoda Octavia file and unfortunately we have only produced a Dog Guard and Tailgate guard and not the vehicle kennel.

We could produce one from dimensions you have supplied but the engineer would really prefer to measure the vehicle.

An approx. price for a vehicle kennel with one entry door with escape is