White is the new Blue.

mbrock

Collected our new Yeti this morning - all good so far, although hoping the range readout improves from 350-ish. It only had 5 miles on the clock so it should creep up as we do a few more miles. Not too much difference outside apart from the colour - inside, apart from the DSG, we now have Sound System and heated windscreen - and Onyx rather than Gobi Sand leather.

yetis-L.jpg

Mark

Picked up mine yesterday - don't worry the range will improve! What make of tyres do you have on it? (And sorry - but blue is the new green :blush: )

I was quietly hoping for Contis, but it's on Pirelli P Zero Rossos. My last two Jags have been on P Zero Neros and P Zeros respectively, and in both cases I couldn't wait to get rid of them due to tramlining and poor aquaplaning performance. And I didn't have to wait long, the XF rears lasted about 12,000 miles. We'll see what they are like on the Yeti, but it will be getting Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons when they wear out. What did you get?

Anyway, enjoy your Yeti - we might be up your way for a drive tomorrow!

Mark

Hi Mark

I'll look out for you. I've also got P Zero Rossos. I asked because there seems to be a lot less road noise than with my previous Yeti which was on Dunlop Sports. A friend of mine (Fabia driver with Yeti envy) thinks it's down to the tyres. What's your take on this?

Trevor

Hi Mark

I'll look out for you. I've also got P Zero Rossos. I asked because there seems to be a lot less road noise than with my previous Yeti which was on Dunlop Sports. A friend of mine (Fabia driver with Yeti envy) thinks it's down to the tyres. What's your take on this?

Trevor

My Yeti was delivered on Dunlop SP 1 and my Fabia also has Dunlops. Road noise is better now I have Bridgestone Potenza on the Yeti, my mate also has a Fabia but his was delivered on Continentals and it is much quieter than our Fabia!

Trevor - I was actually thinking the Pirellis were a bit noisy on the way home. The old Yeti came on SP Sport 01s but we replaced them with the Nokian eNTYRE all-season tyre. I don't recall noticing any difference in noise. I also get the impression that suspension noise from the new Yeti is less than our old one - that could be due to subtle design changes or just down to age/mileage. Perhaps that might explain why the Pirellis sound quieter to you.

I also have just replaced the SP Sport 01s on the XF with Nokian Z G2s - the latter definitely are quieter, though I was expecting that as they had come out as particularly quiet in some of the German tyre tests.

Mark

225/50 tyres can be either the Dunlops, Priellis or Goodyear Excellence but the latter I haven't seen for a while, mind the Pirelli was likewise not to be seen after making an appearance in 09 until recently.

Re the suspension, then the front carrier, wishbones and associated bushes will be different between a 59 plate Yeti and 12 plate, as the design changed in August 2010. Personally I think the latter setup is noticeable better but I suppose that depends on individual perception.

Like the new monster by the way, have one very similar on the drive :giggle:

Oh having the 16" rims mine came with Conti Premium Contact 2's nice quite tyre and grips well in the warm and dry but their scary in the wet as they wear down. have them on the Fabia as well but a W rated version with wider groves which appears to improve the wet weather performance.

Regards,

TP

I also have just replaced the SP Sport 01s on the XF with Nokian Z G2s - the latter definitely are quieter, though I was expecting that as they had come out as particularly quiet in some of the German tyre tests.

Mark

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with the Z G2s. I've just got Nokian WR A3s for winter boots and liked what I've read about the Z G2s. It'll be a while (I hope) before I've worn out the current Dunlops (only done 1400 miles so far), but the Nokians are their prospective replacements.

Only done about 30 miles so far - initial impressions are that they are a bit quieter and more compliant than the Dunlops, but steering response is slightly less direct.

I do wish other manufacturers would adopt their wear indicators....

nokian-M.jpg

Mark

Incidentally, back to the Yeti, I notice that the aerial is now a "stubby" similar to the Honda S2000 one we fitted so it would go into our garage. However it is still a bit longer than the Honda item so we'll have to see if it fits.

Also, the park sensor screen graphics have changed, and there seem to be more setup options on the Maxidot (e.g bleeper frequency and volume for front and rear) unless my memory is failing me. Apologies if this is all listed on a post somewhere. Any other little surprises,I wonder?

Not sure my ears are well enough tuned to tell whether noise is suspension or tyres but I am sure it's quieter. I'm also comparing an Elegance DSG with a manual SE with 3 years of minor changes in between so I guess there could be lots of variables. Maybe we will hear more as more people change. Interested to hear about your aerial, Mark. Mine is the same as my first Yeti and my wife has just measured it at 8.75" (Quiet, Bob).

Well in my case, white is the new grey. We love it.

I collected it on 19/7 and have now done just about 1100 miles on holiday.

This is an SE+ 140 DSG where my previous Yeti was a 140 Elegance manual.

This one is noticeably quieter and smoother.

I've been over the Austrian Grossglockner pass today and averaged 54 mpg which I think is great.

I'm also becoming quite impressed with the Amundsen+ Sat Nav which I think well exceeds ny expectations.

John

Also, the park sensor screen graphics have changed, and there seem to be more setup options on the Maxidot (e.g bleeper frequency and volume for front and rear) unless my memory is failing me. Apologies if this is all listed on a post somewhere. Any other little surprises,I wonder?

Congrats on the new car! It looks smashing! I love my 140 DSG... as to the items you mention above in the Maxidot, I can set those on my 2010 Yeti so they are not new!