Full exterior Supagard Paintwork Protection

CBFBOY

Picking my NewYeti Urban up tomorrow and the dealer has offered me this for £150

Is it any good ?----------feedback would be appreciated

Thanks

Edited by CBFBOY

Is it any good ?----------feedback would be appreciated

The product itself is OK, but the car washers at the dealership who apply it very likely aren't. Moreover, you can buy Supagard on eBay at a much lower price - that would be a better bet if it's really Supagard you want, but better still would be to find a good 'detailer' (silly name, I know) in your area and pay them the money to do a proper job of protecting your new paint. In many cases, paint is in a bit of a mess even when it has come straight from the dealer's showroom, and one doesn't generally find people in dealerships who have the skills or the time to put it right.

Edited by r999

That's exactly what I did .

I found a good guy on the Internet near to me who normally does Ferraris,Porsches ,etc,and he spent the whole day giving my new Yeti the once over.

Much cheaper than the dealer as well.

I bought my supagard materials off eBay and applied them myself. I did bodywork, alloys, carpets and interior. I found it very easy to apply and did it all on the same day as I took delivery. I'm sure it was not up to detailers standards but I was very pleased with the results. Still looked good 12 months later. I consider it a reasonable product at a reasonable price but no way will I pay the prices charged for it's application. If you want to pay those sort of charges then go to someone with some expertise in detailing.

I agree with all the comments. For a little effort you can do the job yourself better than the dealer, who will probably get the YTS lad or the Saturday help to do it! There is quite a mark up for the dealer so it adds to his profit.

As with others I did my own.

Fred