Youngy's fabia Vrs mk1.

youngyWHU

Afternoon all,

After putting my notice in at work, i need to move house ready for my new job in january. This then meant my daily commute would go from 6 miles a day to about 50-60!! so it was time to get a diesel.... I previously had a leon cupra r mk1 which was running about 275bhp, 290lb ft torque

IMG_0301.jpg

i had the cupra r on pistonheads for 2 days when i got offered a fabia vrs in black. it met most of the criteria i was after so we met up and swapped cars.

the fabia spec the day i got it :

06 plate, black, 106000 miles,

hybrid stage 2 turbo (trying to find out which)

Carbon kevlar clutch and flywheel

mishimoto FMIC

Milltek exhaust with a custom "viper exhausts" back box (inc mufflerectomy)

JOM coilovers and shortened droplinks

jabbasport custom remap @ 211 bhp / 360 ft-lbs torque.

EGR delete

new engine and gearbox mounts

6000k HIDs

autosport volt gauge and boost gauge

standard alloys refurbed matt black

whiteline RARB

team heko wind deflectors

green silicon hoses in the bay

its very quick, an ideal replacement for my cupra r as you still get the mpg, cheaper insurance and tax.

a few things i need to sort already:

fit my own boost gauge and remove the volt gauge and boost gauge fitted

wet vac seats

remove 6x9 speakers from the parcel shelf (new shelf brought already) and fix driver door speaker

respray the chrome grill properly as its starting to crack

312mm brake upgrade (already purchased)

remove rear "home tints" on windows and get done professionally

new floor mats

wheel refurb

a good detail.

i will get pictures up this weekend

Thanks for looking!!!

• Like 1

That Leon looks awesome!

cheers man. it was my baby.... so fast and looks stealthy. shocks alot of bigger money cars once its rolling!! :giggle:

i miss it loads already but hoping i can fall in love with the furby as much.

i always hate selling cars, it was my evo 5 before that :(

Can't wait to see it in the flesh buddy! You will have to take me out for a spin in it. The Leon was a mighty fine looking car, but the furby is every bit as desirable and there is a great community out there for it!

Someone did a great detail on that LCR!!! :giggle:

When is your leaving do??!!! (Mojito's?)

• Like 1

Haha. Definitely mojitos. I'm planning a date over the next week or so. Then people I like from tas can book the day off, all go karting then tear it up from around lunch time. I'll keep you informed on the plans though.

I do love the furby already. Nothing like a black cloud behind me and shocking some other cars on the road, especially a type r today.

That detail ain't half bad on the Leon though. ;-) could do with the same on this tbh. I think it would come up better than the Leon.

Could get 2 polishing sessions in on the fabia in a day cos it's small. Half price for your leaving present too!

I used to love spanking type r's in mind too, and that was only 180 give or take a few horses. Look forward to some pics

so with limited time this morning i decided to give the car a clean inside as it was bit of a mess and a quick wash too.

i was impressed with the paint on this and for a car that has done basically 107000 miles.

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

and the RR graph

IMG_0327.jpg

it looks as though there is a rather large dip in power but when driving you cannot notice it at all which seems strange!!

I spent a few hours today on the interior. I borrowed a wet vac from my mum and went to town. I forgot to take before and after pictures but got a 50/50. You can tell the last guy smoked in it!!!

As you can tell, I had cleaned the bottom part of the bolster

post-94317-13448849343218_thumb.jpg

So when I got the car one of the first things I noticed was the state of the chrome grill section. It had a DIY job to colour code it to the car and not a good one... post-94317-13450630112191_thumb.jpg

So I stripped back all the paint with a stanley blade because nothing else would go through about 12 layers of paint.

It became clear that no primer had been used and black paint was sprayed on the chrome with no prep.

I went at the chrome surface with 60 grit initially and then worked up to 1200.

I also decided to remove the skoda badge as it was a state and I'm waiting on the new one still.

But after priming, painting and lacquer I am much happier with the finish.

• 4 weeks later...

So I have started going through my list of things to do.

Today I started by removing the horrible 6x9 speakers. I had a replacement parcel shelf for a month now just needed the time. I wish I had done it sooner. As I pulled back the carpet I found that the previous owner had just twisted the wires together with no sign of tape!!! I never realised people were so careless.

I also removed my volt gauge today. No need for it at all. I am still running the boost gauge that was fitted when I got it, still in the butchered a pillar.

I am in the progress of making my own pillar pod. I have not finished it yet as I am going to try something different but this is it so far....

post-94317-13472190663308_thumb.jpg

Used filler to try and get a look as though it was made like it from manufacturer. After many hours of smoothing, sanding and fettling I applied some primer

post-94317-13472191897668_thumb.jpg

And now I have another idea... Hopefully have a finished product next weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so after my failed attempt at flocking the pillar trim I brought some hycote wrinkle effect paint from egay and sprayed it instead. The finish was better than I thought and after a lot of fiddling with wires and a filter to stop the annoying buzzing we have a finished product. post-94317-13482198541825_thumb.jpg