Yeti Auto Light Switch Retrofit

Prateek

Hi,

My yeti came without the option of Auto Lights. My yeti does have the rain sensors though. After enough information now I figured that replacing the regular Light Switch with the Auto Light Switch can make auto lights work.

Now I have managed to retrofit the auto light switch, but I get an error message for the Light Switch in the Diagnostics scan. I require the Vag coding for this.

Any help?

Thanks!

You just need to use VCDS to tell the car, that you have installed the AUTO-light switch.

I tried to explore the codes but couldn't quite figure out where in the VCDS I can do that.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

The sensor for dimming the dash is in the rev counter, totally separate from the sensor for auto lights which is mounted on the windscreen above the rear view mirror.

Don't you also need to check you have the extra wire to the switch?

That's the case with the Octavia. An extra wire needs to go from switch to CCM and then coded with VCDS.

Phil