Octavia VRS 2008

How does the top plastic cover on the top of the engine come off. I have looked for any possible fixings and tugged pulled but it will not come off. Is there a knack to this or does it need more brute force. I only want to change the Air filter and give it a bit of a clean under there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

John.

Hi, I too found the cover on the VRS extremely tough to get off first time, its held on with 4 stiff rubber pegs, which you can feel under it for them (with a cool engine of course), I found this to be very useful for locating them...

http://www.s****monk...e_engine_cover/

I personally took the car out for a run to warm it a little, then got my hands under the cover and applied a little force on each peg, then a bit more etc till they came out. I would make sure you don't lose any because they like to either stay on the mount or stay on the cover and fall out later, rolling under the middle of the car exactly where you can't reach! Second time round its alot easier once you get the knack.

Hope that helps a little.

Edited by crowlley