Water leaks into the hood

Zsygab

Hi!

This will be my first post here, so please forgive me my technical dumbness :hi:

The main problem I have: long story told short: when it rains or I use the windshield cleaning solution the liquid leaks into the motor hood. Here are the steps I passed until now:

1. The pipe that transports the windshield cleaning fluid was teared, it got fixed.

2. The water drains got cleaned up at the service. They took down the whole plastic-matterial part - I don't know what is it's name, is that thing that is below the windshield, at the rare end of the hood, that hides the cables (ELEMENT X in my draw) - and cleaned the pipes; that's why they told. - This had to be done because water was leaking into the cabin at the passenger's side footwell.

I saw right when getting out the car from the service that when I use the windshield cleaning solution, the water leaves through the motor hood. I told them this, but they responded that it is normal, and there are the ends of the water draining pipes. I am not a mechanical engineer, but I figure out this is not normal, as water gets on cables and other stuffs in there.

My question to you: can you confirm that I feel right, and the water is not supposed to be drained there? And where/how can I locate the full path for it? Is there a pic or a drawing for it?

My Skoda Fabia and I thank you very much! :rock:

post-80040-0-72308400-1351801232_thumb.jpg

post-80040-0-71516900-1351801243_thumb.jpg

Looks normal to me, although I'd expect to see some plastic conduit or harness tape around those exposed cables on the driver's side. There's nothing wrong with things getting wet under the bonnet (hood) though, water will naturally splash up around there if you are driving in the rain anyway.

Hy SECCY and thanks for the reply!

However, shouldn't the water be eliminated directly under the car? So not on some pipes or cables? In the first picture, right under the electric wires the water has some space to gather (visible on the pic, the larger white arrow)... Don't think it is good for the chassis...

• 1 year later...

Hi, Did you fix the problem with the water leaking under hood?

I went today to check Skoda Fabia 2003 and the lining under bonnet seemed to be dump. Aside of this the car seems to be ok, but I was wondering how easy it would be to fix the leak.