Columbus SatNav - Day/Night Auto Display?

Hyeung

Hi,

Within the display settings, I have the day/night configured as auto. So one expects the display maps to automatically switch between day and night modes. However, it seems to stay as night mode all the time?

I understand this switch between day night modes is based on whenever the lights are switched on or off?

In my case, either when lights are off or on, the display stays on night mode?

Any ideas?

Btw it's a yeti elegance w a factory columbus I install...

Cheers,

Hung

Do you have a light sensor / rain sensor in the screen? On my Superb that does, the maps change using this, independent of lights being on or off. I leave lights on auto mostly, but the lights can switch on and the screen still be in day mode. Only when darker does the screen switch.

Yes my car does have a light/rain sensor.....but I very rarely use the auto light setting.....just turn low/main beam lights manually.....

Had previously been advised on the yeti forum that its doesn't matter?

I did try the auto lights this morning, but still night mode. However the main beam lights were on....so might have to try it again later in the day when there's more light?

So are we saying it only works when using auto lights?

More confused now, we are now saying the day night mode is now controlled via a sensor on the actual sat nav unit (top right)?

So nothing to do with the windscreen sensor....

More confused now, we are now saying the day night mode is now controlled via a sensor on the actual sat nav unit (top right)?

So nothing to do with the windscreen sensor....

There is a sensor top right corner of the Columbus. However, it does not control the mode I.e day or night but the brightness of the screen regardless of the mode you are in much like an iPhone screen set in auto. Easy enough to test- just cover the little jewel like button and the screen will go dark, let go and it will brighten. However it wont change the mode. Can't find a way to switch day and night mode automatically.