Claud Butler Elite Road Bike

woodyallen

For sale is my Claud Butler Elite, which was my first road bike in my late teens. The frame has never been crashed and with it's smooth welds looks great although there are a few cosmetic marks to the frame, which I've touched up and couple I've not got around to doing, I've photographed these so any buyer can be aware.

I've upgraded the components over the years so it's now a dependable, fast bike and a perfect introduction bike for anyone getting into cycling.

Spec:

Frame: Aluminium 54 cm

Fork: 3k Carbon Bladed (Looks awesome!)

Chainset: 52/42 Shimano RSX

Rear Mech: Shimano Sora

Front Mech: Shimano RSX

Cassette: Shimano 7

Shifters: Shimano 105

Brakes: Shimano 105

Wheels: Shurmann Double Wall Ultra Aluminium

Skewers: Quick Release

Tyres: Schwalbe Stelvio Armaduro (Great tyres, never had a puncture with these)

Bottle Cage: Bell Retro

£99 - Offers considered. Prefer collection from Portsmouth, but I'm sure delivery can be arranged.

Thanks for looking

img0379b.jpg

img0372xt.jpg

img0374eh.jpg

img0380ai.jpg

img0382ep.jpg

img0381bu.jpg

img0377sg.jpg

img0376wg.jpg

img0375jh.jpg

Sorry guys, it sold this evening to a guy around the corner, so a very easy transaction.

Wardy, I think the cost of delivery would probably be half the bike's value! Thank you for the interest though.

LG, do you have any restrictions on your internet? I know some employers block image hosting sites.

PB, you have mail.

Claud Butler - that name brings back memories of my first bike, it was ancient when I got it, all duralumin alloy and intricately engraved handlebars. It flew. The razor thin leather seat was not nice though. I bought another bike for commuting to my first job and one day came home to find my dad had dumped it! Never spoke to him again, almost.

I thought it was a great bike, looked fairly retro with the downtube shifters, I'm not sure what the current Claud Butler bikes are like as the company have been taken over now.

Anyhow, I'm locking the thread now as it's sold.