New 177bhp TDI engine + DSG (7) box coming to the Tiguan

john999boy

I realise that it's not directly related to the Yeti but could be the shape of things to come so may be of interest? Apologies if it's already widely known though.

The new VAG 177bhp engine with higher power and lower emissions is officially available to order from January but people who order within the next few weeks will get the enhanced engine for no extra cost and save the 1.5% increase coming on 2/1/13! Also, it will be available for the first time with the DSG box as I believe the previous 170bhp block was only ever mated with a manual gearbox.

Another upgrade that it quite recent is their Columbus equivalent which now has DAB. Obviously it doesn't look as good as the DNS Pro nav

VW%2520DNS%2520Pro.jpg

that the new Golf can spec to but with a bit of luck then these things should filter down to us lesser Skoda driving mortals in due course!

Skoda does a lot of the design and building of engines/parts for the VAG group; Fabia II for example uses the TSI 86, whereas the Polo is still using the old 1.4 16v instead :giggle:

Noticed their building some new generation petrol engines oh and building the Yeti at Nizhny Novgorod in Russia.

http://new.skoda-auto.com/en/news

TP

I'm almost certainly going to order a Polo soon and have been all through their configurator and brochures. Even the RCD 310 radio comes with DAB, as does the RCD 510 (Bolero). I'll be going for the new 1.4 TSi ACT engine, which is also available in the Golf... wonder if VW will release it to 'lesser' brands?

I'm almost certainly going to order a Polo soon and have been all through their configurator and brochures. Even the RCD 310 radio comes with DAB, as does the RCD 510 (Bolero). I'll be going for the new 1.4 TSi ACT engine, which is also available in the Golf... wonder if VW will release it to 'lesser' brands?

Afaik every single vw model and trim level gets DAB as standard now. (Bar the Up!)