problem linking new phone to bluetooth unit

HI everyone

not been on here for ages

Got a 61 plate octavia with Bolero radio

Linked the iphone 4s to it ages ago when i got it but its a work phone so thought i would upgrade my personal phone to a Nokia with bluetooth.

I can get it to pair ok but the pairing only lasts about 5 seconds then it drops it.

I have turned off the iphone and tried it with only the Nokia in the car still the same.

The Nokia is a Nokia 113 and runs bluetooth 2.1

Its really annoying because with the old car it was the Nokia that paired no probs and the blackberry would not. Has somthing changed or am i missing something??

Thanks in advance

yes to clarift the iphone is een by the car and pairs ok.

the nokia is seen by the car and pairs but then drops out after 5 seconds

The bluetooth kit is all factory fitted and i have a maxidot dash thing and it drives the iphone no probs.

Just tried to connect the iphone to the nokia - by bluetooth and nokia says service not supported

will look at this again

thanks

ok i think you are saying delete the iphone, try to connect nokia as conncetion 1 and see if that works??

should it really make any difference??

I have updated the phone software tonight but that has not helped - will try this solution in the morning

thanks

No you can keep the iphone connection.

On the nokia it'll be something like settings, bluetooth, and look for an option saying something like let other devices find this phone, or make discoverable to other devices.

Your phone menu will have a similar option. After this first connection you won't need to do this again.

Hi Gadgetman

to confirm the phone is visible to the car kit, it allows me to enter the pairing code and adds the 'skoda bt' as a paired connection and then after 10 secs of pairing just drops out - any ideas??

Thanks

OK tried this out a bit more

Borrowed a car earlier today (Nissan unfortunately) and tried to pair the same phone to the radio there. Paired firsttime no probs. The Nissan is a factory fitted unit, so it looks like the Nokia 113 does not talk properly to the radio in the skoda - which is a bit poor really as the whole reason to upgrade the phone recently was so it would be able to be used in the car!!

Anyone any ideas??

I could ask the dealer but dont hold out much hope there