OEM Bluetooth Kits

James_H

I have two different bluetooth kits for sale.

Kit 1 - £120

The first is a complete GSM kit but of the old variety and controlled by the Maxidot display of the Octavia. It cannot be operated by a satnav such as the Columbus like some of the newer modules, only from the Maxidot. It will work in the pre-facelift Octavia 2, but probably not the facelift.

The contents are:

• 5P0 862 335C interface
  • Bracket for fixing under the seat
  • Black carpet cover for hiding the interface and bracket (one clip present, the other missing)
  • Loom, with bare wires at the head unit end
  • Microphone
  • Bluetooth antenna

This is a used kit. I bought everyhting bar the interface in this state nearly 4 years ago because it also had the newer 1Z0 035 729 B interface to substitute for the older interface already in my car. The kits for sale here has my older interface. The functionality of the interface via Maxidot is identical to the newer interface.

This kit uses the handsfree Bluetooth profile, effectively turning the car into a headset, so works with nearly all Bluetooth phones. It is not the rSAP kit.

Note this is not a plug and play kit. All the bits above plug into each other, but some work with connectors will be required to join to the head unit. The guide used to be on octavia-vrs.com (which seems to be down right now).

P1030261.jpg

Kit 2 - £120

Having replaced the bluetooth module to the 729B, I found it wouldn't sync contacts with a past mobile phone. After trying many things with the phone, I bought a different module that uses a slightly different method for contacts. While it was the newest at the time, I found it would not work properly in the pre-facelift Octavia. It is intended for the facelift, again with Maxidot. It should work with the Columbus too in facelifts. I swapped it back out for the 729B, which is still there (and did the better option of getting a new phone).

This kit is mainly just the module:

• 1Z0 035 729E interface
  • Bluetooth antenna
  • Microphone

This is virtually new and unused. I believe it may make a good substitute for those with an rSAP module and probably (though I am not 100% on this) just a straight swap+code. This is another non-rSAP module so works with iPhones.

If installing this one afresh, it will need a loom from somewhere.

P1030260.jpg

I have had these in cupboards for a few years and now having a clear out. I have a VCDS and can code the modules before sending but you will probably need to find someone else to do the car, or it you are nearby, I can help code the modules and the car after fitting. I am located in Sutton, on the border of London and Surrey.

If posting, I can send the first kit for £10 and the second lighter kit for £8.

Any queries, please feel free to ask.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi James,

Do you still have the 5P0 862 335C for sale? I have a 1Z0 035 729E in my car which is ok but \i've been meaning to swap out for the correct one and now i'mm thinking of offloading my car I ought to sort it out.

Thanks,

Mark

• 1 month later...