Anti-Roll Bar Problems

JProc

I've had a problem of a knocking noise from the front drivers side of my car for a couple of days. Which I believe after taking the wheels off today is the ARB rubbing against part of the chassis. It seems that the ARB has moved too the left making it rub, on the drivers side chassis. Does anyone know if it's possible to loosen the ARB mounts moving it across and retightening it? Will this cure the problem?

Any replies will be appreciated!

Thanks

Joe

had exact same problem sorted mine out last month

just get ya self down the a skoda dealer was about £40 plus vat for new anti roll bar but you will be better off getting some new bushes aswell i went for some poly bushes was very impressed

the new anti roll bar has metal lugs to hold the bushes in place where as the old ones they fitted on earlier models has plastic mounts which break and the anti roll bar can just bang from side to side and drove me insane lol

JProc

Do what I did and fit new 18mm diameter rubber anti-roll bar bushes (I got mine from GSF car parts part number 429VG0140) and use these to replace the broken collars.............

http://www.whiteline.com.au/images/products/KLL120-3.jpg

I got mine from..........

http://www.part-box.com/product_info.php?products_id=73098

Less than £35 'all in'. Car passed its' MOT last November and has covered several thousand miles since with no issues. Only had to file one half of each lateral stop to allow them to fit the small gap between the anti-roll bar saddle clamp and the console. These will stop the bar moving from side to side.

HTH.

Alan

P.S. Apparently If the bar is touching the console it IS an MOT failure!!

I am going to replace the ARB with a whiteline one with new bushes. Has anyone had these fitted/fitted them yourselves, are they worth the upgrade or would a standard one be as good? How much did you pay?