Dash lights not working, broke the vrs again..

Iann-

I'm assuming I've probably blown a fuse somewhere (possibly...), but may wondered if anyone had experience.

The backlighting on dashboard (and all other interior secondary lights) has decided to conk out. The actual speedo works, and all the warning lights ( fuel, headlight, battery, asr, etc) all light up, but the headlight switch, heater controls, needles do not.

Been looking at the fuse panel diagram here:

http://www.norton42....koda-fabia.html

I tried swapping fuses 1 and 16, but nothing changed other than resetting my trip.

Also, I may or may not have blown the fuse for the number plate lights, or just all my bulbs.

So yeah, have I managed to expensively break it again, or have I just got the wrong fuses?

Have searched, but just keep getting results and flickery dashes and actual error lights.

It's entirely possible I suppose, but the headlights themself still work and other than switching it on and off, I never touched it between it working and not.

Cars going into the dealer tomorrow, so probably get them to have to quick look.

Really daft question, you haven't knocked your lighting dimmer switch have you?

That is if the fabia's fitted with one lol

Sent from my Galaxy S3, not a Crapple!

Even on its dimmest setting it should still be visible..

I've read that the Octy has that problem where the lights get really really dim, which is related to the resistance of the dimmer switch.

Even on its dimmest setting it should still be visible..

I've read that the Octy has that problem where the lights get really really dim, which is related to the resistance of the dimmer switch.

Had it on the dimmest setting before and it wasn't a total black out like it is now, but knowing me, I could manage to damage something that isn't even related to what I'm doing. :giggle::wall:

For future reference, if anyone has this issue, it is exactly as I suspected. Blown fuse on the numberplate bulbs :L.

For some reason the dash backlights are on the same circuit as them. I guess that would make sense even if not immediately obvious.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Has anyone else had this problem? My interior lights open (header pod) but the dash lights, speedo and rear number plate lights are not working. The fuse did blow, have replaced with another and they are still not lighting up.

Cheers

Are you definitely sure you replaced it with a working fuse ?

Does the speedo still function, albeit without the lighting ? Do the icons (headlight, handbrake, etc) still light up.

If it's yes to second and third questions, then you either swapped with a dud fuse, or there is grounding issues I'd imagine, although Im not an autoelectrician.

• 3 months later...