FPS

Rgh999

Would like to retrofit front parking sensors . Any members have thoughts on this being done. Are there any available that would link into the system and show up on the screen like the rear do or is that too much to ask for. Will the vehicle have to have any coding altered if the basic fps are fitted.

How do they run the wiring for an internal switch or o they just link into the rear sensor.

Thoughts appreciated guys.

Ah... I thought this thread was "For Pete's Sake"........ and would be someone venting!

As far as I know this is an expensive job you are wanting and you will certainly not get any aftermarket systems that will talk to the car's radio screen... The best solution is a stand alone aftermarket system.

I thought that would probably be the case. The main dealer i bought the car from have someone in to do a retrofit, but was unable to sort mine out before collecting the car, and as hes 200 miles away I cant go back up!!!!

His had a switch inside the car as well to activate it. Just hoping someone on the forum had experienced a retrofit and could offer some advice on which system was good, as some of the aftermarket ones can look a little bit cheap and nasty, and arent reliable.

Would like to retrofit front parking sensors . Any members have thoughts on this being done. Are there any available that would link into the system and show up on the screen like the rear do or is that too much to ask for. Will the vehicle have to have any coding altered if the basic fps are fitted.

How do they run the wiring for an internal switch or o they just link into the rear sensor.

Thoughts appreciated guys.

You might like to look at this: http://www.skoda-parts.cz/predmet.aspx?polozkaID=173

Cost inc VAT c.£156 +carriage :rock:

Looks good but can't understand a word.

Browse the page via Google and it should auto-translate to:

Complete front parking sensor facelift

img000155.jpg

Kit includes front parká?e, cabling, drive, and pípák button.