Wrapped grille

Removed the grille yesterday to wrap it. But In the end the better half ended up doing it for me. To be honest she did a very good job and I am very happy with the outcome.

20130329_130123_zpsb776d20c.jpg

20130329_130128_zps7312f305.jpg

Car needs a very good clean/detail so excuse the dirt!!

I have to admit I have always been a fan of getting rid of the chrome grill surround.

Whether it be by wrapping or painting I really think it improves the look of any of the Skodas.

My surround is currently in a bodyshop being painted black. I just hope I don't break any of the clips when re-fitting the black grill section !!!

I got it from the 'bay. Cost £10ish.

Only difficult thing was removing the grille from the surround. But with a little patience it can be done without braking anything.

Also to get it out I used a 6mm socket to push the clips out. And there is one screw to undo. Getting the grille out was the easy part thou.

i plan on painting mine took the complete grill out today using the 6mm socket and from what i can see the chrome surround is only clipped in at either end with a few locating tabs top and bottom? anybody got any tips on how to safely remove the chrome?

The chrome is also secured with extemley sticky foam pads. I used those retractable knives to slice through the foam and it came loose. There are foam pads like every 4" inches all the way round. It's pretty well stuck. Just don't force it off or it will snap and crack.

Yeah the sticky pads are annoying. I used a hair dryer to hear them up and then used a Stanley to cut through them. There are four at the bottom of the chrome surround. I then used a little glue to put them back together. You could probably use number plate sticky pads to re stick it properly thou.