Selling a Car Privately

paddypaws

I'm going to have to sell my old car privately because the Skoda dealer I'm buying my new car from won't give me a reasonable trade in price. What are your recommendations for selling a car. Should I advertise on Autotrader, put it thriugh the car auctions, advertise on Ebay or perhaps Webuyanycar.com.

Ant advice?

i sold mine on autotrader £35 for two weeks just online.sold the car in the first week.i received about 10 calls.sold car to first caller.advertised the car for £2000 below what the dealers where selling the same car for

bill

Thanks everyone, the car is a Subaru so no point in putting it on a Skoda site! They are going on auto trader for about £4500 to £5000. Dealer offered me £2000 as a PX. I'd be happy with £4000. I'm thinking Autotrader. But if anyone has had a good experience with webuyanycar i'd like to hear about it!

Edited by paddypaws

Thanks everyone, the car is a Subaru so no point in putting it on a Skoda site! They are going on auto trader for about £4500 to £5000. Dealer offered me £2000 as a PX. I'd be happy with £4000. I'm thinking Autotrader. But if anyone has had a good experience with webuyanycar i'd like to hear about it!

Sold the other half's car via WBAC and they basically did what they said on the tin. Get a quote on their website then if you like the price, go along to their office where they verify what you've told them is true and the car drives ok, then they give you the cash (less their fee which I think is 75 quid). Quick, painless and easy :D

Wouldn't touch ebay or Autotrader - too many time wasters! If you're already on Scoobynet, that may be an option too...

Chris

Edited by ScoobyChris

It depends on the day of course, but I'm sure WBAC only put the cars in the auctions anyway. They are only going to do that if they expect a good profit!

Edited by paddypaws

Why not put it on a skoda site?

Plenty of folk here could possibly be interested in it as a summer car and loads already run some pretty impressive "other" cars.

For only £12 its worth a punt mate, just my opinion of course :-)

Dependant on what kind of Subaru, stick it on Subaru forums and maybe worth £10 on a PistonHeads advert.

Tend to find on eBay the car will probably go for less than you want it to, Gumtree everyone will only want to pay half of what you ask for it, Auto Trader is good but used to get hassled by the agencies on there when selling cars previously.

Dependant on what kind of Subaru, stick it on Subaru forums and maybe worth £10 on a PistonHeads advert.

When I advertised mine on PH, there was no charge (as far as I remember) but there were a lot of timewasters with sob stories about how they only had half the asking price so could they just pay that :D Of course, may depend on the target market for the car you are selling!

Chris

• Like 1