New Octavia MK2 Elegance 1.9tdi Estate towbar?

Dear All

Will be taking delivery of my new Octavia Estate beginning of July, and will be needing a towbar for it as a matter of urgency due to a carravanning holiday middle of July :D

So far have not been able to locate one for the new estate yet (Skoda dealer wants a fortune for one)

Towsure seem to think the Mk1 towbar will fit a Mk2 but I don't think that is quite right! :confused:

So does anyone know where I will get one other than from a main dealer?

Also because I have gone for the elegance spec it comes with those rear parking sensors as standard, I have been told that a fixed towbar will send them crazy, is this true?

Any pointers in the right direction would be very helpful ;)

Cheers

Jonny Baby

Mk1 will NOT fit Mk2.

PDC can get crazy indeed by a fixed towbar. So why not be sure and have a removable one fitted?

I don't know whether the UK has Quickfit or another fastfitter, but in the Netherlands a towbar for the new Octi isn't a problem at all.

They ARE quite expensive!

I also have a MK2 1.9TDI Elegance Estate.

I had a removeable towbar fitted because the dealer said the reversing sensors would pick up the towbar - but they don't!!!

I think its partly because the removeable tow ball is one of those that comes out a fair way from the rear bumper on a round bar, rather than the Witter type that are close to the bumper and have the electrics on the same bracket as the tow ball.

I was quoted something like

I've got the Skoda one. When you plug something into the electrics socket it automatically turns off the PDC, so you don't have a problem.

I think dealers are charging a lot to do it, but mine was done at the factory - think it cost

• 4 weeks later...

I have the new Ambience Estate and found that there was a problem with the towbar being fitted to the Mk11 Hatch and the estate so I got on to Witter and they have made a new towbar Part No SK12A that fits Both models and all so Audi A3 I had mine fitted and twin electrics for