2008 model, drivers door switch failure.

Anyone had any experience of fixing this?

Found some info in the web suggesting poor solder joints on golfs etc. which involves removing the window winder carrier to gain access to the lock module.

Does the Fabia II have the same setup?

Hi

I had drivers door window fail and the dealers replaced the electric window switch on the drivers door.  On my previous Fabia estate I had the driver's door interior light switch fail on the car body.  This was replaced by the dealer and the alarm worked again.

• 3 months later...

Ok worked it out now! Made a little plastic screwdriver out of a old credit card to get under the rubber at the top to depress the clip and pull bellows/gaiter out. Indeed what did I discover but the brown and yellow control wire broken! I think skoda are gonna have big problems with this our car is a may 2010 so 6 months out of warranty! The white and grey wire is also split and will need attention too ???? soldering iron here I come... Thanks again for this article it's already saved me £35 in diagnostic checks????

• Like 1

Had similar problem on the passenger side, with the mirror wiring. Had a snapped wire, preventing the mirror from moving up/down. Used a 5amp block terminal as a quick temporary repair.

Soldering now completed, all working again now don't know if I'd solder again though it's a right old fiddle - very frustrating! Getting insulation tape on is even worse... I wish I'd remembered to put a length or earth shield on too before soldering to beef the fragile wire up a bit. If I does it again think it'll be a new door loom at about £80 or strip the old out repair then refit. Why do these things never happen on a sunny July afternoon?

• 1 month later...