Reverse parking sensors

Fabia2 1.9tdi Problem when reverse is selected show up on dance radio bleeps then has a longer bleep but doesn't show any lines as to distance away.

Can anyone advise as to the solution?

• Like 1

Have you made sure yours are clean? Mine did this in heavy rain. Exactly as you describe. A quick wipe over of the rear sensors on the bumper and all was fine. I have found PDS does not like wet or dirt to obscure the sensors on any car I've owned, my BMW 5 being the most sensitive. 

My dads had this problem.. one of the sensors had dallen out of place behind he bumper. He has also recently had a fault sensor replaced so could be either one. Replacement sensor was around 40 quid i think and he fitted it himself

• 3 weeks later...

Update

Took car to dealer today new brake pads fitted on front, new ones were fitted prior to picking it up basically brakes binding on passenger side replaced under warranty.

Reverse parking sensors apparently the wiring loom is at fault not covered by warranty, after a heated discussion since I reported said fault after 2 wks of ownership there going to do it free of charge when the part comes in result.

Returned to car 4hrs later cleaned inside & out

Glad you are sorted, hope your brakes are okay. I had a 1.9 tdi PD Mk1 and my brakes started to bind on, Changed calipers, no difference, changed Master cyl, even worse, changed servo and that did the trick, hellish expensive but my trusty mechanic was lenient with me!

You certainly did right to insist they fixed your sensors. A damn cheek trying to sidestep that one after only 2 weeks of ownership.Anyway as I say glad you are sorted, it's so much easier to park using sensors, even in a small car. :thumbup:

Well new wiring loom fitted tues didn't solve the problem, a new control panel ? So they kept the car ordered it fitted next day, car brought back to us, including a squiggly scratch !! Someone coming to look at it next wk.