HEATER FAN MOTOR

Hi all,

My heater fan motor has packed up on me. Trying all avenues to source one here in Ireland with little success so far. Would anyone in the UK be able to source a used one (Passat B5 I'd assume is the same). I'd gladly pay any cost's involved. 

The car is a 2005 Superb Edition 100, 1.9 TDI AWX 130 with Climatronic air con.

Cheers lads,

Rob

Hey rob, I have the same car, in Ireland also, and going through the same issue!!

The part is handy enough to get. As far as I'm aware the oem part is a valeo part. It's can be bought for around €120, and will cost roughly 50 to fit. GSF in Dublin will be able to order one for you and will have it in a couple of days, I'm sure other parts suppliers will be able to get it for you also. There are cheaper ones, but personally I'm sticking with as close to oem as possible! I believe all cars in the vag range used the same blower motor but I could be wrong! I had a thread a while back on it! I have the part nr written down somewhere and will post when I find it.

Where abouts you based?

The factory original one I took out of my car was the Valeo unit, just with an additional VW part number label on it.  The part I purchased from GSF was valeo also, but without the VW part number.  GSF don't list it for Superb so you need to find it via Passat.

Cost just over £100 for the part and took me about an hour to fit - involves glovebox and passenger airbag out, but not much else.  Some people apparently manage to do it without removing the airbag - but I can't see how without risking damage to either the fan or the airbag.

I'd be surprised if they are that hard to get in Ireland?

If you really want a second hand one, fill your boots here - seems like lots prepared to ship to Ireland:

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313&_nkw=8D2+820+021&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Not sure I would on an Edition 100 though - bear in mind the blower is running 10-12 hours a day due to the solar roof.

Hey rob, I have the same car, in Ireland also, and going through the same issue!!

The part is handy enough to get. As far as I'm aware the oem part is a valeo part. It's can be bought for around €120, and will cost roughly 50 to fit. GSF in Dublin will be able to order one for you and will have it in a couple of days, I'm sure other parts suppliers will be able to get it for you also. There are cheaper ones, but personally I'm sticking with as close to oem as possible! I believe all cars in the vag range used the same blower motor but I could be wrong! I had a thread a while back on it! I have the part nr written down somewhere and will post when I find it.

Where abouts you based?

Much obliged for all the replys lads ...

Iwannasuperb,

if you do get a chance, could you post that part number. I'm based in Meath. Where are you?

Again, thanks for all the replys..

Cheers,

Rob

Thanks Cown. Skoda here are looking for €408 PLUS TAX for the motor assembly including the resistor. I've just found a new one in a parts supplier for €85 including tax. Crazy..!!

Thanks to all,

Rob

Thanks Cown. Skoda here are looking for €408 PLUS TAX for the motor assembly including the resistor. I've just found a new one in a parts supplier for €85 including tax. Crazy..!!

Thanks to all,

Rob

Sounds like the price I was quoted here by main dealer.  Though I'm confused they mention the "resistor" - as far as I know, the resistor is separate from the blower motor on these. 

The part nr is

http://www.gsfcarparts.com/932VG0080

well thats the one from GSF.

Im in Westmeath/Dublin/Cork at the minute, unfortunately for me and my car! Work duties!

where did you manage to source it for that? Good you got sorted! when i spoke to my local skoda about it they mentioned to be mindful of the electrics when looking at non OEM parts, which is why i went with the more exp one!

Dermot

I got it in GSF just down by Park West. It was €130 incl. vat. Main stealers looking for €500 incl. vat. You must be bloody joking. 

Anyway, fitting this afternoon and hopefully all will be well. 

Jimbof, you're right about the resistor on these. It is a separate part. I thought it was part of the motor.

Thanks for the help and best of luck.

Cheers,

Rob

GSF did have a cheaper one at €60 plus vat but I also went for the one closer to OEM.

Edited by Robbo Cop

Ha ha ha,

I bought one of them last week, but it was cracked, so they had to order me a new one!

I had another one on order to pick up tomorrow but im after ringing them there and "it didnt come in yet"

Robbo, i think they have sold you my part!!!  Im surely due some good Karma now!

Funny world aint it!!!

Amazing isn't it.  When you have the thing in your hands you're sat thinking "this isn't even worth £110" - let alone the £400+ the dealer wanted off me for it.  Ludicrous.  That plus getting quoted £250 recently for just an oil change service has sealed their fate from me now.  

Did you take the airbag out to fit it or manage without taking it out?

Iwanna... what was cracked about the one you went to pick up - the rotary part?