Changing headlight dip bulb

Hi all

Oh man is it a mission or what to change these especially if you don't have skinny hands (need to go on a hand diet). Whist changing the bulbs I got a little clumsy and the housing clips fell in to the under tray. That's not as bad as what happened next. I put a little to much pressure on to the driver side dip light and round dome has gone loose! If I push it in it doesn't clip in. The bulb is housed okay however the whole unit within the headlight now moves around. Have I broken it?

Not broken. It's a crappy design where the headlamp optical unit is a snap fit on a ball stud to allow adjustment. If you push forwards too hard, it pops off but you can reposition the optical unit back over the ball stud and pull it backwards with your fingers and it will snap back on.

Like other important things in life, it's easier to do than to descibe with a bit of practise...

I find when changing the H7 lamp, it's easier to assemble the lamp to the wiring socket first, then twist the assembly into the back of the lamp. This avoids having to press so hard as to dislocate the ball stud.

Crappy Hella design.

rotodiesel.