Fabia Mk2 REMAP - 1.4 TDI

Hiya guys - just thought i'd share my experience in remapping "Fabz".

For starters - shes a 57 plate Mk2 - 1.4 TDI 80bhp - Love her to bits - really reliable; never had any problems and with only 40,000 on the clock couldn't ask for a better car. She's served me well. Not exactly slow - and economical as anything - averaging 52mpg - all seems well.

But i just wanted more "oooomph". I played with the idea of trading her in for a vrs - but couldnt part myself with a car which had nothing wrong with it - so i started doing some research *this site included* on remapping and the pros / cons (lack of cons more like) I'd done some hunting through different companies and gather some quotes with certain performance factors.

The average price ranged from £300-350 ( this far north its difficult to find a deal). I however stumbled across a local "garage" - which turned out to be a guy at his house with a heap of motors outside in pieces and such - but looks can be deceiving.

He offered 3 performance upgrades - from eco +10bhp uptp Power +30bhp - all for the juicy price of £200. Sounded too good to be true.

Hardware wise - he was using Alientech kit - with KessV2 software. Hooked up his computer downloaded my ECU file sent it away to "head office" and then reinstalled the modded file. All within the hour...

The results - AMAZING!

I could not recommend getting ur car mapped enough.

Fabs has been fully transformed from 80 hp to 110 hp and torque from 195 nm to 257 nm.

The difference is immense. She is no longer a sluggish tractor like diesel - but a ferocious, smile provoking beast. Maybe im over reacting but im just so happy. She now pulls in every gear - 5th gear at 60mph - put your foot down and she'l pull to 80 without even hiccuping - i find myself always 10mph over the limit without realizing  Over taking is now a breeze. I throw her into the corners with the safe comfort of knowing i can power her out. I could not be happier. And being thrown back into your seat by a 1.4 diesel just gives me a fuzzy feeling - knowing what she used to be like and how much she has evolved.

Economy wise - whilst normally driving (of course with now much quicker acceleration) - MPG has fallen to around 45mpg on average - but the added thrill factor more than makes up for it. I did an eco run - sticking to the speed limits and changing gear no higher than 2,000 rpm - and managed ( on varied hilly terrain) a very encouraging 63mpg on average. 

If you have a Tdi fabia - do yourself a favour - get her mapped - you'l never look back. I know what my next step is - a VRS but only after another 40,000 miles. I just love my Fabia far too much :)