a week in derbyshire with my GLII, my left arm now like popeye's :)

just had a week in a holiday park near ashbourne Derbyshire

4 people, full boot and bike rack on back with 2 bikes, 57mpg up from kent to ashbourne, not to bad

I did find the little 1.2 tdi a little under powered for some of those hills with 4 up in the car,

I think I have developed big muscles on my left arm due to all the gear changes up and down the box to keep the little beastie moving at a reasonable pace

I also found I had to adapt my driving style slightly and carry a bit of extra speed through corners to prevent having to change down a gear as often

all in all impressed with how the little engine coped with the dales and derwent valley, averaging about 55mpg

I also discovered the satnav on my mobile phone finds some "very interesting" routes, almost like a normal satnav set to "shortest route" instead of fastest which really tested the little 3 pot engine with a number of 1 in 5 hills

way back only managed 50.8mpg curtesy of a 4 hour traffic jam on M25

• Like 1

The GLII is perfect for cruising along the motorway at 60mph, but up and down hilly countryside roads it really is heavy on the left arm and the left foot.

What campsite were you at? was it the one with the huge Provost camper by the entrance?

Ashbourne Heights, there was a camper or 2 just in the entrance on the right, was that you?

if so I had the red GLII estate and was up in the lodges

The GLII is perfect for cruising along the motorway at 60mph, but up and down hilly countryside roads it really is heavy on the left arm and the left foot.

was still impressed with the way it handled the hills and still managed 55mpg even with all the hills and windy roads

must say it did the car a power of good as since I came back it is far more responsive to the throttle and seems to have a bit more go

Edited by bluecar1
  • Like 1

I used to enjoy driving my Greenline round country lanes at pace -I've always liked little cars with little engines at pace -the Fabia is on the limit of what I'd call a little car but it still feels like one. It does an engine good to drive it hard a couple of times a month

• Like 1