Popular mods for the Citigo

Damo

One of the most popular initial mods to the Citigo is the DRL light upgrade

The bulbs required are dual filament, as they incorporate the side lights as well.

The actual name of the bulb is W21/5W

There are 2 types of bulbs available in this fitment, traditional filament bulbs or LED

Traditional bulb upgrades are a straight swap and are just a brighter version of the standard item

LED's are exactly that, a new energy efficient design made up of a number of LED's or "Light Emitting Diodes" to give them their full title.

It is worth noting at this point, that not all LED bulbs will work in the Citigo, only ones with built in resistors, so be careful when ordering.

Probably the most popular upgrades for the Citigo at this time are MTEC's which are a traditional filament bulb, but a lot whiter and brighter thus giving the effect of LED's at a low cost.

Various places sell these, but many purchase from HID's Direct without problems

Here is a link to them -> http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/mtec-w21-5w-t20-dual-filament-7443-super-white-xenon-effect-bulbs-pair/

The most popular LED upgrade are these -> http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/r580-7443-w21-5w-gen-2-canbus-27-smd-5050-led-bulbs-white/

These can be purchased from HID's Direct, but also from other places.

Remember, not all W21/5W LED's will work in the Citigo, they must have built in resistors

If you do buy LED's remember also when fitting that they will only work one way, due to the polarity. If they don't come on, simply pull out the bulb and rotate 180 degree's and try again.

As to which bulbs to go for, thats personal choice. I like the MTEC's as they are nearly a 3rd of the price of LED's and look like them anyway. But some prefer the true LED effect.

Its all down to your preference.

To give you an idea of the MTEC's compared to standard, here is my car

Standard bulbs, which as you can see are quite yellow

StandardDRLs_zpsbe156498.jpg

One of the new bulbs in (Drivers/Off side) and you can see how much whiter the light is

StandardbulbandMTEC_zps527e7f1b.jpg

Both MTEC bulbs in

MTECs1_zps8850fefc.jpg

Close up of new MTEC bulb

CloseupofMTEC_zps388452b6.jpg

Hope that gives you an idea, but do a search for DRL's and you will get plenty of info to read

If anyone wants me to include some bulbs what also definitely work, feel free to PM me the details and I will add the details to this post

Cheers

Damo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Team Heko Wind deflectors

Available direct from Heko here > http://www.e-heko.com/en/Marka/SKODA/

gasuhadu.jpg

Part Numbers:

3 Door : 31191

5 Door : 31192

Cost inc delivery, approx £35 (ish)

Thanks to EikokuSanzoku and Stormchaser for the information

_________________________________________________________________________________

• Like 1