mkiii mitsumi / MDI and Ipod not resuming play

Ive a week "feature" on my new mitsumi which is slightly doing my head in and I cant work out how to get around it (or if its possible)

Ive got a 4th gen Ipod which ive had connected to MDI on the mkii which worked fine.  When the engine was turned off and left i could start the car back up the next day and it was play from where it left off.

On the mkiii its not working the same.  When I switch the engine off and go back to the car later the ipod just starts playing from the first track as if its been disconnected or reset.  Also sometimes the "selection" button which lets you choose album, artist etc is greyed out and either takes about 10-20 seconds to appear or doesnt appear at all and I have to disconnect and re-connect the ipod then it appears.

Anyone had the same and got over it?  

Im thinking it could be the age of the ipod but it worked fine with the mkii MDI.

Im using the blue ipod cable

PS, havent been able to check the ipod in another car as dont know anyone with MDI and cant check my iphone 5 as I dont have a lightning adapter.

Can't help on the iPod thing but you should buy/borrow an adapter for iPhone 5 and let us know how it works! Lots of interested people would like to know, myself included! ;)

Ok, my experience with apple connector. I have an iPhone 4S. If I connect it with the phone player closed, I.e on home screen it starts to play tracks from beginning. If I connect it with the player open, I.e with a track half way through but paused then it will start to play track where left off. The Bluetooth feature for connecting phone to car can interfere with the apple cable. I have to wait for phone to connect via Bluetooth before plugging in otherwise it will not play through cable but through Bluetooth. (The track list option is greyed out). So again as simple as I can put it, If I plug iphone in and switch on ignition while Bluetooth active the phone does not connect to cable. If I switch ignition on, wait for phone to connect via Bluetooth then plug in, it all works good. This happens about 75% of the time. It's a pain but trying to work out if it's apple or skoda to blame could be a mission, so I live with it as it's a minor inconvenience in a complex world!. Coincidentally if I plug iphone in with Bluetooth off then turn it on it all works ok. I hope that all makes sense?!