Solution to overheat-protecting amplifiers...

Stinger Fans, model SF4 or SF3N

STISF4.jpg

STISF3.jpg

I just went to Sound on Wheels to check out what cooling accessories they have for amps, especially for the hatch Fabia, since it's pretty closed up in the boot, plus the fact that it reaches at least 40 degrees celsius, and thus, add a minimum of 10 degrees celsius interior heat build up....they have this for me. This thing moves air like anything! It really does, and having it will indeed improve the efficiency of the amp working in high temperatures. I shall pick this up as soon as I can. Simple connection to the terminals of the amp will get it working. Priced at about GBP30.

Hussein, your amp is in the boot too. Get yourself one of these.

They're tiny man!! something like a 4.5 inches length, 2.5 inches wide....it really is small...but those blades really move air...

Nice tip Mil, looks like a neat gadget. My amp is pretty powerful for driving my standard speakers, combined with my not too loud music taste means I've got the gain set on minimum... which in turn means heat is much less of an issue.

I was driving for an hour or so in the sunshine a couple of days ago, and when I took stuff out of the boot I felt the amp. Warm, but not worrying.

Anyway, where does this gadget exhaust the hot air?