Dealer service - finding out what should be done and what has been done

My Octavia has been on service plans since new, which I think confuses the main dealer.  Due to the plan, I get no indication of what elements of the service have actually been carried out.  My dealer has no idea how to fill in the service book - I think they tick the boxes almost at random.  This is now my fifth service with them and fourth where the book has not been filled in correctly.

My understanding of what is needed and whether they have filled the book in correctly is from the service book.  I appreciate that could be out of date, for example I brought forward the cambelt change to 4 years instead of what is in the book.

According to the book, the recent service should have been the 6-year / 60k, which at that age should have been an Inspection service including a change of air filter and spark plugs (2.0 TFSI vRS).  I mentioned the plugs when bringing the car in.  The book has been stamped as an oil service with no additional work.  I am more worried that the required work is not being done.

Do Skoda dealers have some form of electronic record logging what has been done?  Does anyone know of an up-to-date service schedule that can be downloaded?

Thanks.

I took out a service plan when i bought my octy when it was 2 years old,it covered 2 service's,one minor & one major,my 4 years service covered oil & filter.air filter,pollen filter & spark plugs,my brake fluid was changed at 3 years.I too got no paperwork back,just stamps in the book,i did check though they had replaced the filters etc on the 4 year service. I now do all my own servicing/repairs now my car is out of warranty. 

I believe it is all kept electronically as I have had warranty and service paperwork printed off and posted to me weeks after the work was carried out.

Fin

Its a bit late now but this is why it is important to familiarise yourself with your cars service requirements before you book it in.

You should never trust the dealer.

I always ask the service deperartment when booking it in to add to the job sheet the parts I want replacing.

Even with a service plan my dealer was happy just to perform fixed service after fixed service. I had to ask for the air, fuel and pollen filters to be replaced and even then they weren't ticked in the service book when I got the car back.

This helps...

http://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/service-and-maintenance/national-pricing/servicing

Yip I was the same when I had my service plan. Only used the dealer as the car was under warranty. Warranty expires in two months and then I'll do the servicing myself. Just changed the pollen filter and air filter myself as its never been done and car has done 49k miles.

Don't understand why people get so hung up on wanting a full dealer service history when buying a used car. I'd rather have a pile of reciepts from someone doing it themselves. Also think the price of a 20k service at the dealers is a rip off most of it is just checking things and not actually replacing anything.