Glow plug light flashing fabia vrs ?

Dan1722

I've had this recently - mine was down to an intermittent fault with my mass air flow sensor.  Needed to be plugged in to be checked and cleared - I beleive it can be anything to do with the air / exhaust systems (commonly a EGR valve issue).

Mine usually cleared overnight for a few days, and never went to limp mode (thankfully) - as far as I know (I'm really no expert) plugging it in is the way to find out which part of the system is at fault.

Owning a 2008 Fabia 1.9tdi I had replacement front tyres fitted yesterday and drove off expecting no issues. Git about 12 miles driving and the T C lit up? Stopped to look at owners book, saw that I needed to get Electronically checked, so set off for home, only straight away, the Glow Plug warning light lit up? I only feel that it must be something to do with having wheels off to change tyres? Any answers would be appreciated.

Owning a 2008 Fabia 1.9tdi I had replacement front tyres fitted yesterday and drove off expecting no issues. Git about 12 miles driving and the T C lit up? Stopped to look at owners book, saw that I needed to get Electronically checked, so set off for home, only straight away, the Glow Plug warning light lit up? I only feel that it must be something to do with having wheels off to change tyres? Any answers would be appreciated.

Only if they knocked the ABS sensors or wiring. You need to get it scanned.

The "glow plug" light, if it's the same as in my CR TDI, actually doubles as the engine management warning light.

So the initially unhelpful posts above are right - if your glow plugs are knackered, you're in a Mk1.  If it's your engine managment light, it might need checking.

• 4 months later...