snub nose mount upgrade

hi all, I've read on ukpassats about changing the snub nose mount for a firmer version present on the v6tdi models and have decided to go ahead and change mine over

has anyone done this on their superb? is it achievable in situ, or does (basically) the whole front end of the car have to come off?

I've had a nose around underneath the car, and it looks like it may be possible with the bumper bar etc in place

cheers guys:-)

I can't see any point in changing a snub mount unless it is damaged.

I've just changed the timing belt and water pump on an Audi A4 PD (Same as Mk 1 Superb) which has covered a very high mileage. The snub mount was in almost perfect condition and I refitted the original rubber without any reservations. Any changes to the design or hardness of the mount would likely cause severe NVH problems.

The cambelt had previously been changed by a dealer - mangled fixings and white paint marks. No locking tools had been used as the camwheel position had not been changed.

You need to pull the front to change and properly adjust the snub mount. 

Why do people pay main dealers serious money for such outrageously shoddy work?

rotodiesel.

Edited by rotodiesel

Thanks Roto...I've taken a look at the existing polyurethane mount and it is pretty crumbly, and I noticed the engine does seem to lift a little when setting off.

I'll probably go ahead and change it on that basis

Here is the article in question should anyone wish to have a read http://www.ukpassats.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=46249&sid=fc102cf7c80ed3a4495c62c092d4bfa6

Cheers :)