going in for new ignition barrel and for gearbox rattle on vrs

its only take 3 months for a new ignition barrel to turn up. Spent 20 min One day to get it to turn. And as of the rattle. They "reset" the gearbox. But 30 min of driving it it returned a little bit louder. Only really does it going over some form of bump if no acceleration is applied. Don't do it under load.

on another note. My oil consumption is 1 litre ish every 2-3k so not horrific but still crap

I had a new barrel fitted a while back under warranty. Took about 7 weeks for it to arrive.

They also had a Seat in waiting for one and that took even longer.

Think there is a long lead time on them as they are made spcific for each car.

Phil

doesn't the 7-speed DSG have a "rattle" characteristic going slow over speedbupms? not really heard of it in the fabias, but apparently its common on the seat's with the same engine/g/box combo, and seat have been telling them  "its a characteristic" .....

well theyre going to look into it and ill report what it was. Got a 2013 Monte Carlo and i have to say I'm split on liking it. Not liking changing gear lol. Don't like the display. But it does look good and is fairly nippy for a 1.2

I would really like a week in a standard Monte,

I think spending some time getting used to a 105ps 1.2tsi and then returning to a mapped Twincharger that puts out over double the power would be a nice reminder what a rapid little car I have.

I'm already overly comfortable with the added power and lusting for more. A very good advert for people asking what their first mod should be as every single day my cars handling makes me grin and smile like a wally whereas Im starting to see why people say that you very quickly get accustomed to a remap, don't get me wrong I love having the added 'go' but if I could only have one set of mods it would be handling every time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...