Engine high idle rate?

Hi guys,

The car is a 1.6 tdi skoda fabia cr 105bph 2011 with 40'000 on it,

The car general idles at around 800rmp,

However when im coasting to a stop at around 5mph in traffic it goes upto 1000rmp even though im not even touching the accelarator, then as soon as i come to a complete stop goes down to 800rmp again?

Car is also a bit juddery when idling like there are 2 diesel engines under the bonnet if you get me?

Cheers guys.

If it's not DPF regen, maybe it's just cold and idling high to warm up? Is it all the time, or just when first driving off?

How long has it been doing it, is it on every journey, how far do you drive (as mine would regen about once a week, that I noticed).  Also, regen can sometimes give off a "burnt clutch" type smell.

I think the OP is seeing the higher idle when the car is moving but not in gear. On my Yeti, if you knock it out of gear and roll, even at slow speeds the idle will sit high, this might have something to do with vacuum for the brake servo or something, however it drops as soon as the wheels stop moving.

This is normal, or at least I hope it is as my car has done it since new.

That doesn't sound like a regen.

We had a 1.6 CR 105 for a few weeks.

If you started to lift the clutch in gear the revs would instantly jump to 1000rpm then drop back down once you drop the clutch and came to a stop.

I think it is an anti-stall measure and to aid setting off and manouvering without needing the throttle and to stop it stalling.

If it was a regen (I experienced this once in the hire car) then the revs remain at 1000rpm even when stopped and out of gear etc.

Phil