Getting a remap, do I bother with injectors too?

whitep

Hey all,

I have a 1.9tdi L&K Octavia estate with the 110 ASV lump. I am on the verge of booking a remap but want to know if its worth looking at the injectors too. The car is on 135k miles so they are probably cruddy. can anyone shed any light on the next size up or best size up nozzles? I was thinking the .216 Bosch DSLA150P764 nozzles. But I have read these ae really .205 on one forum. I wasnt going to change the body of the injectors so I am worried i will lighten my wallet for no gain.

Sets of DSLA150P764 nozzles are £120 on ebay

Any advice greatfully appreciated.

Hi,

What sort of power/ torque increase are you looking for. If it was me, and considering the air flow of the stock vg 1749 turbo, I would stick with a phase 1 remap.

USA forum tdisport.com has lots of info on this engine and if you search for kerma tdi they have suitable parts and information.

BTW if you go for the injectors don't forget the retaining bolts as they need to be replaced every time the injectors are removed.

John