09 Octavia VRS (Ltd edition) problem

Hello everybody.

Apols if I've posted this is in the wrong place, I have researched and my problem seems similar to many others - however - I hoped that someone may be able to help,

I bought the car in May and have been really pleased until now - I've put 6K on it since I've had it (20K now) and a couple of weeks ago the glow plug warning light came on pretty much consistently following by an intermittent exhaust warning light - didn't drop into limp mode and I noticed no difference in driving.   After a couple of visits to Skoda they replaced a sensor (can't recall exactly what one ) but they said it was one of three it seemed to resolve it.... that is until this weekend.

Unfortunately the exhaust warning light has come on constantly followed by the DPF warning.  Following advice on here I gave it a good run and it cleared the DPF light, however, exhaust warning remained on.  Again no effect on driving.

I've booked it in to Skoda for Monday and the guy on the phone referenced a EGR valve.  They are giving me the impression that its guess work which worries me and I hoped that with advice from here I could steer them to the cheapest quickest resolution???

Thanks.

Hi, I had a similar situation as yours.

Initially had warning light which was cured by replacing the exhaust pressure sensor. This is a known weak part where the 'Made in USA' version is replaced by newer one labelled 'Made in Malyasia'.

But the DPF light would not clear permanently until it had a full regen done by Skoda. I found that driving didn't do as good a regen as they can do at a Skoda centre.

I would recommend you get yours looked at by dealer (or Skoda Assist) to do full regen.

Certainly would be cheaper and first thing to do rather than spending time/money looking at the EGR valve.

Anyway that's my guess work.

Hope that helps.