Locked 'Doors' Issue

pedenny

Hi

Just changed from a Fabia 2011 Elegance to a Fabia Estate vRS 2013.

Both cars were set to lock doors at 10mph and require two clicks on the remote to open doors.

However the Elegance Fabia allowed all doors to be opened once the Key was removed from the ignition.

On the vRS Fabia the doors DO NOT Unlock when I remove the key and I either have to press the remote or use the internal switch on the console to unlock the doors. I also now get a message every time I switch off the engine to 'Check SAFELOCK see Owners Manaul'.

Is this the way it all works now or has the dealer set it up incorrectly - just cant see why I get the Message everytime nor why the doors are still locked with no key in the ignition.

Any constructive thoughts gratefully received.

The message is normal, it is reminding you to make sure you don't deadlock the car with people inside. If you leave a person in the car you should double lock the car, allowing them to open the door from the inside in an emergency.

You can ask the dealer to activate auto unlock on key removal on the VCDS, they should have asked you if you had any personal setting requirements prior to delivery.

Hope this answers your question

Jon

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Incorrectly coded, the doors should unlock when the key is removed and they probably havent checked that setting.

Check safelock is normal and to warn you not to deadlock people or animals in the car as if you did they'll never be able to get out. Later cars have this message, my 2013 MK2 Octavia vRS does exactly this on ignition off.