More 'oomph' with standard setup

Would quite like to know more about getting some more punch out of the standard Fabia vRS setup. I've decided to stay with the standard headunit - I know this will severely limit my options, having mucked about with different setups in previous cars, but I want to keep the standard look of the dash and don't want to be worried about removing a fascia eveytime etc.

I seem to recall there being an OEM sub available? Or am I wrong?

Another problem is that I have the Fabia luggage nets setup in the boot as I'm usually carting something round. So maybe even a small OEM sub wouldn't be viable. Would uprating the front door speakers give me a bit more bass, perhaps with the benefit of extra clarity? Is there another option to having a sub in the boot, without being too radical?

So many questions - but hopefully I'll get something meaningful back ;)

Cheers

Steve

A set of component speakers in the doors would be nice (IS nice ;)) but really they would have to be amplified externally to get the best out of them - which after laying power & RCA, you're halfway toward a boot install anyway. ;)

Where do the nets sit? IIRC, the Skoda "bass cube" thingymajig is quite small and will probably take up hardly any room at all. :thumbup:

Personally I'd recommend a pair of JL 12" subs powered by a huge US imported amplifier. ;) I wish I could get to the point of getting it out the box though. :o

A set of component speakers in the doors would be nice (IS nice ;)) but really they would have to be amplified externally to get the best out of them - which after laying power & RCA, you're halfway toward a boot install anyway. ;)

Point taken - what do you have installed? Can't even remember what I put in the doors of my Focus, but I was pleased with them :rolleyes::)

Where do the nets sit? IIRC, the Skoda "bass cube" thingymajig is quite small and will probably take up hardly any room at all. :thumbup:

It's the standard Skoda accessory nets, so the main one clips to each of the luggage eyes in each corner. Can't really see how I could fit a sub in then? :confused:

Personally I'd recommend a pair of JL 12" subs powered by a huge US imported amplifier. ;) I wish I could get to the point of getting it out the box though. :o

That would be very nice, but as soon as I go down that road practicality goes down the pan. Shame it can't be done, but that's life :)

Steve