Did anyone buy my Fabia Vrs KU62 U*S

Hi all,

Was just sitting wandering if anyone here brought my Fabia Vrs that I part exd for my Octavia.

Race Blue - Would have been from Skoda in Bedford around November time.

Dealer only had it on the forecourt for around a week....cracking little example.

Pullers

Hi all,

Was just sitting wandering if anyone here brought my Fabia Vrs that I part exd for my Octavia.

Race Blue - Would have been from Skoda in Bedford around November time.

Dealer only had it on the forecourt for around a week....cracking little example.

Pullers

Hope that they gave you a good PX.

Did you see the retail price post PX

Thanks VrsKeith - Appreciate that, Im over the moon with the Octavia, A lot more practical as my family car to.

Haha - Otaylor38 - Likewise! Keep checking on the off chance, It would be nice. Who ever did buy it definately got a good one! Even the dealer said they knew it wouldnt be there long, it was loved. Cleaned and waxed religously, Warmed up and warmed down properly, always run on Vpower etc and parked miles away from harm. I think in 10,000 miles it had maybe two small stonechips....

• Like 1

No point buying things if you dont look after it. I always try to buy the best i can afford and look after it the best i can. My motorbikes been waxed 3 times this winter since i put it in the garage to keep it out of the Salt haha.

Its good thanks mate. Shame about this weather! Be drivin mums polo when it snows i think.

What do you reckon to the octavia then?

• Like 1

Couldnt agree more....and to be honest really enjoy looking after my cars.

Yeah the Octavia is fantastic mate. Obviously a lot more practical for me with my lad and all the bits that often need to be carried.

Good Fuel Economy and running costs but with plenty of performance and torque etc when im on my own and want to have some fun.

I went with Corrida Red and black pack and am pleased with how it turned out - If I was ever in a position to have another id be daring and go with the green, black pack and privacy glass though ;-)

Build quality seems good, reminds me of Audis that ive been in...has that solid feel about it. Generally to and from work im getting 45-47mpg, more on a run but only slightly less when pushing on.

Id definately recommend one, Ive a friend whos got a year old Mini Cooper S but is now feeling its to small and was asking about mine....Hes gonna check it out....hopefully resulting in another Briskodian! ;-)

• Like 1

Haha sounds brilliant :).

Yeah i think skoda built quality has come a long way tbh. I wasnt too sure at first about a fabia (old man car, i thought) but was really impressed when i went to have a look at the dealers.

I used to love polos, but i prefer the interior on the fabia.

Im still struggling to understand how skoda has made a better car, based on the same chassis, than vw themselves, at a much better price. It cant be doing vw's sales any good. Surely

That green is nice, but i dont think im a bold enough person to drive one haha.

Likewise - when I was a boy and my old man used to talk about how Skoda were up and coming and ties with VAG I used to chuckle and say id never have one...Now im on my fourth! I love these cars! Im always recommending them and have even talked family into trying them and they have ended up going for it! The last was my niece whos brought a monte carlo.

Value for money theyre spot on and not sure why in the past people still would rather pay more just to have the VW badge...an old work colleague of mine wont buy anything other than a BMW and openly admits that she wont buy a skoda purely because of the badge and name/what others think! She brought a 320d m sport with 80,000 (ex lease) for like 13k!

See what your saying about the green....haha...you only live once! ;-)

Me too! Gave my dad soo much abuse when he was thinking abiut an octavia instead of a golf. Said id never let him live it down, theyre crap etc etc. now look at me. Had to eat my hat.

Exactly. Thats all it is. A badge. I dont earn soo much money than id rather have an equal or worse car for 3 or 4k more just because it has a different badge though.

Id be wary about any lease car, my dad spent a long time in a big company, looked after the company cars he had like his own. Always warmed up properly n let the turbo cool etc, but some people just abused them. Thrashing cold engines, never topping the oil up. Makes me cringe at the thought.

Sounds like we sing off the same hymn sheet mate.

I know what you mean re: ex lease. I think its more the minority that treat them as their own.

Place I used to work ran a fleet of vehicles, People used to give me a hard time and jest when booking them in for servicing at the correct intervals, reporting defects and for washing, hoovering them out, checking oil etc and letting them tick over after use.

Funny though who they come after when they know theyve potentially done some damage or need some car advice. Likewise whos vehicle they go for when theirs is away..gggrrrr!

Haha your right. At the end of the day, its the people who have to spend all day in a car, why would you want to drive around with mcdonalds all over the seats. they're luckey they get a company car. Should have at least abit of mechanical sympathy for it too.

I try to clean my car once a week or so (if i get chance and its not raining) just to keep on top of it. It only takes a few hours a week to keep a clean car clean, but to clean a properly dirty car takes forever and a day.

I think people like us need a rubbish car to go to the supermarkets in. It would save me worrying about leaving it in the car park so much haha.